Chapter 25

Saiki, Gon, Kurapika, and Leorio have advanced a little closer to the mansion. Meanwhile...

It was quiet, but the slight eeriness of the room full of chains make it up for it. Killua was still held in the same room he had been in when he had arrived back to his so called home. Bruises and scratches littered his body, but he stayed silent. But as he did, he had a small flashback of his past.

"I'm home. Well, no one's around" said Killua as he stepped through the stoned entrance.

"Welcome back. How did work go?"

"Fine"

"Does that mean you dispatched your target?"

"I'm sure you were watching me from a distance" glanced Killua to his older brother who moved from behind him to the tree next to him.

"Mom's waiting for you inside"

"I don't want to see her"

"Ah" and with that, Illumi left him and when he did, Killua took a glance at the back of him. There in a small distance stood a butler apprentice. When Killua half turned to her, she gave him a smile and bowed, when she looked back up, Killua was gone.

It was a cloudy afternoon, by the looks of it, it would be a heavy downpour, but the weather didn't affect young Killua as he sat on top of tree branch, his skateboard laid in front of him as he shined an apple by his sleeves. Before he was about to take a bite, he saw the same girl bowing to him from below.

"Did you need something?" then she looked up with a smile.

"I wanted to say hello" she answered.

"Are you new here?"

"Yes" she said as she straighten up.

"While you were away, I was hired as an apprentice butler. My name is Canary"

"Here. You can have this" said Killua as he stretched his arm out to Canary, offering the fruit.

"No, thank you. But I appreciate the thought, Killua-sama"

"Don't be so formal. Just call me Killua"

"I cannot do that. I am a servant. And you are my employer"

"Tsk... That's lame" said young Killua as he bit into the said red fruit. Canary just smiled.

"You were using the Shadow Step, right?" the question had caught Canary a bit off guard.

"Shadow Step?"

"The technique where you move silently, so you won't be noticed. It's one of the first assassination techniques we learn in the Zoldyck family"

"Is that so? I must have learned it while growing up in Meteor City"

"Meteor City?"

"Hm. My hometown. It's a city that has been erased from this world"

"Huh, never heard of it"

"You're allowed to dump anything in Meteor City. That's why many members of the mafia and the Phantom Troupe come from there"

"I'd like to visit some time"

"When you visit, I can serve as your guide" with a small smile on his face, Killua threw the apple behind him as he jumped down from the branch.

"I'll teach you the Rhythm Echo"

"Rhythm Echo?"

"It's a technique that utilizes the Shadow Step" and as so, Killua demonstrated of what he had meant. As he walked casually to the side, the air around them thicken and light airy figures of the same silver headed young child formed behind him.