Chapter 4

JARED'S POV

"Nice one, Gia," I grumbled, shaking my head as I wheeled myself into the living room of Clara and Dylan's house, not having seen Gia since yesterday, her having quickly dropped Sophia back home and then gone out, now having a part time job.

"Not only have you invited Anna to a party that doesn't exist, but you forgot that she's not even allowed on the pack grounds. It's too dangerous."

Gia scowled at me, placing her hand on her hip as she tutted. "Do you really think I'm that stupid, Jared? There is a party happening, and I rented a place in the human village."

I ogled the keys Gia was holding up, raising my brows at her, shaking my head with a smile. "Okay, fine, who have you invited?"

"Clara is coming, but Dylan is staying here to babysit the kids," Gia said, counting on her fingers. "Dean is coming, so is Ethan. Matthew will be there, and a few others, so nothing too crazy."

I nodded, happy with the amount of people coming. Anna had explicitly told us she wasn't a party person, and Gia has assured her that it was only going to be a small gathering, although, I was unsure on what Gia meant by 'small'.

She was a bit of a party animal, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a hundred people turn up at the house she had rented for the night.

"You have to wear a nice shirt," Clara pitched in, making me chuckle, rolling my eyes.

"Don't worry, I've already ironed it," I reassured her, laughing as Sophia made her way over to us, makeup smeared all over her face, bright red lipstick coating her tanned skin, some splotched down her neck and staining the collar of her purple dress.

"Well, don't you look fabulous?" Gia snickered, attempting to wipe some of it off using her fingers. "Did you get into your Mother's makeup drawer again?"

"Can I come to the party?" Sophia begged, giving Gia her best puppy dog eyes, jutting out her bottom lip, making me roll my eyes and laugh out loud.

"This is a grown up party, Sophia," I told her, shaking my head. "No babies allowed."

"I am not a baby!" She whined, stomping off dramatically, calling out for her Father.

I couldn't believe how much personality she had for such a small and young girl, acting just like Clara had when she was a child, except Sophia was much more boisterous and opinionated.

"Right," Gia said, brushing off her knees and grabbing her rucksack that was sat next to her on the couch. "We need to head off and get the place all prepared. I dropped off a load of party decorations earlier."

"Sounds good," I said, holding up my finger to her and wheeling myself into my temporary bedroom, grabbing my duffel bag and slinging it over my shoulder, following Gia out of the house, waving a quick goodbye to the kids, telling Clara I would see her later on.

Gia and I both rushed along the grass, following the path towards the large iron gates, my mind filled with thoughts of my mate.

It was tough being away from her, especially when she didn't know what she meant to me. In her mind, she most likely just thought she had a little crush on some random guy, and I probably came across a little eager, but, I didn't mind.

She would find out what we were to each other eventually, and none of it would matter. I was just hoping she would take it well when she did find out what I was. I knew it was going to be tricky for her to adjust. 

I had text her about the party, but to my disappointment, she hadn't replied. I was unaware if she was actually going to show up, but I didn't want to bombard her with messages and scare her off, so I decided to leave it for a little while until tonight. She was probably busy and would get back to me when she could.