Chapter 31

ANNA'S POV

"What are you doing here?" I muttered, my hands shaking. I craned my neck, attempting to gaze back into the living room, but my Father shook his head at me.

"I wouldn't try and get her attention if I were you," he grumbled quietly, pulling out a gun from behind his back. I gasped at the small metal object, my bottom lip quivering. "This is full with bullets soaked in wolfsbane. One shot of them in the heart could kill her."

Anxiety coursed through my veins, and my legs trembled, struggling to hold me up.

"Anna," spoke my Father, holding his hand out for me to take. "Come with me. You don't belong in their world. You know that. You're a human, and this is wrong."

I sniffled, a silent tear dribbling down my cheek as I stared at the man I had spent years running from. He was smiling at me, as if he had never laid a hand on me. It was one of his manipulation techniques that he used to coerce people into doing what he wanted. He was rather good at it.

"You have roughly five seconds to take my hand or I'll shoot your friend," my Father warned me, his jaw taut. His other hand tightened around the gun, and I noticed him rise it slightly. The movement scared me, and I took one last longing look back into the house before taking my Father's hand.

I knew that Gia hadn't heard our conversation, our voices quiet and the TV far too loud, drowning us out. However, my Father was right that I probably had around five seconds to make my decision on what to do. Gia would have known that something was up, and she would have made her way around the corner to check upon me.

But, I wouldn't let her be killed. Especially because her death would mean that I would be taken anyway. Gia getting hurt wasn't going to make the situation any different. I wouldn't allow her to put herself at risk to save me anyway.

"Good choice," my Father muttered to me as he led me towards a large black jeep, the windows tinted. I clambered in, regret filling me, but, I knew that there was no point in trying to run. My Father would shoot me, the gun having been lifted to my back as we walked.

I attempted to pull on the car handle as my Father hopped into the front seat, but, it was obviously locked. I just wanted to know if there was a possibility I could leap out when he wasn't looking.

"Where are you taking me?" I whispered, wiping at my teary eyes.

"Don't talk," snapped my Father, and I clamped my mouth shut, fiddling with my fingers in my lap.

My Father wasn't going to kill me. That wasn't his style. He enjoyed taking his time and breaking people down, and during that time, I would find a way to escape.

I would alert the whole pack, and they would be able to easily take him down. He couldn't shoot all of them at once.

I stared out of the window as my Father drove, gazing at the humans who made their way down the street nonchalantly, unaware that I had just been taken. I wasn't about to yell at them for help though. That would be putting others in danger, and my Father was persistent. He would harm anyone that got in the way.

Around forty five minutes passed, and we had already made some good distance. My Father was driving fast, weaving in and out of other cars casually, honking his horn at drivers who were moving far too slowly for his liking.

Jared filled my mind as I released a shaky breath, my eyes welling up with tears yet again. I didn't want my Father to see me cry, but I couldn't help it. Jared was going to be so worried, and I knew that I hadn't been overly nice to him the past few days. I was frightened though. I was scared of getting so attached and then one of us being ripped away from the other.