4. The Legendary wedding- Part 2

(' ∀ ')ノ~ ♡ Don't forget to vote, comment and share if you enjoyed the chapter. Don't be a passive reader- I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

******************

Fu Lin was an ordinary man.

and a prince.

and a coward.

After the marriage agreement, he'd been transported to the Empire of the Blazing Sun under great fanfare, with blessings and flowers thrown from all sides. After arriving at the manor designated to the General's groom, he was locked up at the house, unable to step out because it was considered inauspicious for the marriage mates to associate with other men and women—in case they came across someone with a misfortunate aura.

And so, after a whole week of boredom during which he tried engaging in a conversation with the servants and miserably failed at it, he gave up trying. Every time he opened his mouth, the "marriage madam," the head servant, would glare at him and repeat the same sentence.

"Marriage mates should talk less because wordlessness on a young lad can make them dignified and beautiful".

Even though he couldn't quite grasp the logic behind it, one thing he definitely knew was that his level of ugly could not be cured with any level of wordlessness. After countless times of eating and sleeping his days off, the wedding day finally arrived.

He was forcibly awakened with a slap to the bum the morning of the wedding, bathed in pomelo water, and perfumed with rose incense. And then he was draped in a red robe, with his hair tied in countless colored ribbons and his face dolled up with liquid gold and rouge. Before he could even glance at his glow-up through the mirror, his face was rolled in a veil, and he was escorted to the front door.

His ears began drumming when he heard that the General had arrived because of the cheers that erupted. He couldn't even sort out what he was feeling before finding himself walking out of the house and feeling the shadow of someone looming over him. The General was walking towards him.

Was this guy...an elephant in his previous life or something?

What did he eat to grow this huge?

Oh no.

His legs inevitably began shaking. He panicked. As a self-aware coward, there was only one type of human being he absolutely detested: people stronger than him. And warriors were at the top of that list.

Though he couldn't see anything through the veil, the shadow near his feet was a clear cut expression of the difference in height between them. A difference in height often offered a greater advantage to the taller one, and the shorter cowards like him had zero chance with them.

Cutting his train of thoughts short, a hand was extended towards him.

He nearly shat himself in fright when he saw the size of that hand. It was twice the size of a normal man, and he was absolutely sure that this wasn't the norm. In the survival guide for cowards, it was imperative that they associate with those considerably weaker than them or of equal strength. And if only the hands were of this level, he couldn't imagine what terror awaited him beyond the veil.

He reflexively swatted the other's hand away.

He just... dug himself a grave, didn't he?

A voice resounded from above "Since the prince has enough strength to push someone's hand away, I believe he also has enough strength to walk himself up to the palanquin".

Fu Lin felt like he'd fall over from fright. His voice was very controlled and appeared calm on the surface, but his survival instincts picked up the slightest ripples of anger from those words.