19

The accident during the experiment not only scratched Norton's face, but also injured his eyes, and he almost lost his sight. But it's not much better than this situation. It's almost gray in front of my eyes, and I need to get very close to see the text clearly.

    Naturally, experiments that required precision would never be handed over to him easily.

    "It must be on purpose!" Norton, who came out of the medical cabin, told his colleagues unwillingly, "It must be on purpose."

    He tried to convince his colleagues to believe what he said: "My mother once told me , Snake is a very vengeful creature, it must have retaliated against me deliberately!"

    But the researchers who came to see him could only show regretful expressions at his incompleteness.

    "Norton, I know you're having a hard time."

    "But it's really just an accident," he     told

    Norton.

Pain, just waking up unexpectedly."

    The researcher who spoke firmly believed: "It is not a creature smart enough to stand shoulder to shoulder with humans, and you can't expect it to know how to restrain pain." What's more

    , 77 is always a precious experimental subject, its value It is far more than Norton, who can no longer enter the experimental area, and the laboratory cannot do anything to 77 in order to appease Norton's grievances.

    "Norton, it's normal for accidents to occur during the experiment. They are very powerful, with fangs and venom for self-defense and hunting. It's normal for them to struggle if they wake up unexpectedly during the experiment." He looked

    sincerely Norton: "Didn't you also believe in this before?"

    He paused, and then continued: "I still remember what you said to comfort Chater before." And Chater was the last person who unfortunately met This kind of experiment was unexpectedly unlucky.

    ——

    Although there was an accident with Norton, the experiment has come to an end. While Norton was sent to the medical area, 77's experiment was quickly concluded, and some of the samples collected from 77 were put into a freezer and sent to the cloning area.

    After 77 woke up from the second anesthesia, he found himself in a small glass room.

    This is actually a very large room, but four thick glass walls have been erected at the very center of the room, shutting 77 inside, and the space is barely big enough for him to turn around.

    Sometimes, when they make serious mistakes that their "mother" considers, they will be locked in a small black room for self-reflection, but this is the first time for 77 to come to this room.

    Probably because it hadn't been used for a long time, a layer of dust inevitably settled in the glass space, and the smell of dust in his breath made him frown, and he almost couldn't help the urge to sneeze.

    He moved his nose, and his forked tongue popped out of his mouth, distinguishing the remaining breaths. The breaths left by different experimental subjects were deep and shallow. The latest breath was No. 156.

    And 76, who didn't see 77 within the estimated time, seemed a little anxious in the third area. He asked the other subjects to calm down first, and called 77's number.

    "I'm fine..." 77 who heard 76's voice replied, "I saw that house."

    "Which one?" 76's voice sounded tense.

    "The room that No. 59 mentioned." 77 said, "It's so small that it's almost impossible to turn around..."

    He described the scene on his side to 76 carefully. The researchers walked back and forth in front of them showing a sense of presence.

    "There is also 'Mom', they have been walking back and forth in front of me."

    76's voice paused for a while, and after tens of seconds, he seemed to be confirming with 77, and he seemed to be convincing himself: "You are very important .”

    77 glanced down at the researcher standing in front of him through the glass, he slid his tail, bent his body close to the glass, and saw the researcher instinctively take a few steps back.

    "I'm very important." He replied to 76's words, then coiled his tail, glanced at "Mom" casually, and then lazily lay on the trunk of a dead tree that was not as tall as himself.

    77 said, "I'll listen." Like he's always shown in the past.

    "Will you come back?" No. 35 raised her flower buds, and the face hidden behind her had a serious expression.

    "I'll be back." Number 77 replied in the affirmative.

    ——

    Before No. 77 returned, Alyssa took No. 157 to the third district twice.

    After the first experiment ended, 157 seemed to suddenly no longer be rejected by the experimental subjects in the third area.

    It began to be gradually accepted and integrated into the experimental subjects in the three districts, and they even began to exchange their favorite meat in the recent recipe through a glass.

    "I like rabbit meat." 157 said.

    "I don't like rabbits." 35 said, rabbits are too small, not as comfortable to eat as big pieces of meat.

    35 said: "I like beef, and beef is the best thing to eat."

    157 glanced at her with some hesitation, and then changed his answer: "I also like beef the most."

    She blinked, tentatively Then ask 35: "Should I like beef the most?" It is the same as echoing "Mom".

    ——Although

    they are not in the third district, 157 and 77 still listened to their conversation.

    "We were very similar to her when we were hatchlings," said 77, referring to number 157.

    The mermaid next door flicked its tail when it heard this, "Are you saying it's stupid?" The

    juveniles, especially at the current stage of 157, are stupid fools in the eyes of the experimental subjects in the third district.

    76 interrupted him: "It was the same when you were a juvenile."

    "But I am different from her now." He said to himself, "I don't like deer."

    No. 77 looked at the researcher who came in with a bucket of fresh venison, the blood hadn't coagulated, and the red meat was still steaming.

    77 stared fixedly at the researcher carrying the barrel, the smell of blood and venison quickly entered 77's nostrils.

    He buried his head between his arms: "I don't like deer."

    After a while, he heard 76's low voice respond: "I don't like it either."