⁴ Irrational

💜 vote if you enjoy reading 💜

___________________________________

"Set down that bucket in the gallery." Madame instructed Taehyung who in turn casted a perplexed look. It's been two weeks since the camp has started and not in span of these weeks, he was instructed to put the clay bucket in the gallery.

He has to drop the bucket to Madame who in turn gives this in the hands of Jennie, the most beautiful female in the Blue Moon to drop it inside the gallery. Taehyung knows well that it is a ploy of the two to grab the attention of the General and establish a fortune out of their bonding. But something has happened with their meetings as Jennie is nowhere to be seen for days and it was Lisa who went to the General's den.

" Are you sure?" He asked again.

" Did I stutter ?" She superciliously spit.

Taehyung carried the bucket to the gallery and knocked on the marble door which made his knuckles hurt. He kept on knocking with severe pain until he heard the other's command to enter.

" Finally, you came." General Jeon Jungkook was sitting on a high stool with his white transparent cloth stuck to his bulky body as sweat drops slithered down from his forehead.

" Where shall I put this?" Taehyung asked to which he received an empty jar. Taehyung poured the clay on the jar trying not to look at what the General has been maneuvering.

"Kim, do your knuckles hurt? Who in the right sense will knock on a marble door." Jungkook lowered himself on the ground and yanked Taehyung to sit on the high stool. The boy yelped with the sudden touch and clawed at either side of the stool not to fall under vexation.

Jungkook opened a medic box and asked Taehyung to show his knuckles to be treated. He poured a green coloured liquid which is undoubtedly some plant's essence on his bruises. Jungkook pulled his hands up and blew wind over them when the boy hissed at the medical satiation. Jungkook's two fingers can cover the boy's entire palm. He looked so tiny in front of the bulky male.

"It will cure soon." Jungkook said with his twisted lips. Taehyung interpreted it as a reformed smile.

" Thank you. Can I go now?" Taehyung asked, immediately desiring to leave the presence of the dominating male.

" No" the straight answer knocked him off without reasons to leave.

" Make sure you will be the only one bringing my art supplies." General said quietly dipping a finger into the jar of brown mud.

" Can I ask you why? " Taehyung asked after an elephant sized contemplation.

" I hate flashy females."

Taehyung jerked his shoulder as a sign of showing his incomprehension of the topic.

" The first one was always touching me without consent and the other was touching herself in front of me." Jungkook said without glancing at the boy who quickly understood as he knows how desperate the females are for powerful wealthy men. He can't blame them either as they are simply trying to secure their future.

" Sorry about that." Taehyung murmured which caught the other's attention.

" You don't have to say sorry for them. I have already made them repent." Jungkook said with a smirk.

" What did you do?" Taehyung asked curiously.

" Smashed their attitude adorned face. I have only known violence in my twenty nine years of life. Can't blame me." Jungkook said approaching towards the male sitting on the stool.

"Can I ?" The General asked to which Taehyung answered yes even though he didn't apprehend for what the former is asking his permission.

All his suspicions were thrown away in the quicksand when Jungkook hooked his calloused arms under Taehyung's armpits and raised him up a bit to put him down on the floor. The smell of roasted almonds and sandalwood from the male has again bewitched his practical senses for a while.

Even if it was only for a few seconds under Jungkook's warm embrace, Taehyung acknowledged for the first time what it means to be safe and under the protection of someone.

He might have turned quite tired of foraging and keeping himself sane all alone as the warmth of another man lured him to think of an alternate possibility of living, where he is protected like a child.

"You can leave now if you wish." Jungkook said, knocking Taehyung off his reverie.

Absolutely, the General belongs to the highest rank and earns wealth which the poor boy can't even imagine. He internally laughed at the audacity and absurdity of his own irrational thoughts before nodding his head and leaving out of the gallery.

Taehyung didn't initiate to see the General for a few days. He would sneak in to drop the mud after he makes sure about the absence of General in the gallery. The only place he could see Jungkook is during the dinner when the boy comes to take their soiled plates. But that was long before as General Jeon had made it mandatory for all the servants to dine in the main area to ensure enough food is consumed by them rather than the left overs of the guests. This has given enough exposure to Taehyung in the forefront.

Taehyung is often called by Colonel Kim and Min for their assistance from getting them a cup of water to make their bed ready at night. General would dismiss the boy as soon as he spots him under the blazing sun.

One night, on his way back to tent, he heard moans and skinflashing sounds. He halted his steps to look around and his eyes crooked, seeing one of the soldiers doing a female, bending over the tree trunk. She is moaning too loud for Taehyung's liking. He abruptly ran to his tent and covered himself under the fresh smelling duvet. Even though he is worn tired and wanted to find solace in dreams, his mind swirls around the moans and grunts of the fucking couple. The most irritating part was his mind reminding him of touching the General's hard thingy on his lap while oiling.

Scratching away all the irrational thoughts, he boarded to his desired dreamland.