¹⁶ Surprise

The black beauty came to a halt in front of the wooden gate that read "West Cottage" in deep carved letters. General's horse neighed loud enough for the boy on the horseback to come alive from his slumber. He fought to blink back the blurriness only to survey the surroundings and leaned back to press against his lover's firm chest. 

Jungkook's heart and face beamed with joy when the warmth from the younger’s body seeped through his chest. He let go off the reins to snake his arm around the pretty boy's petite waist. He keened to kiss on the boy's once bandage covered shoulder. Taehyung purred in comfort and regards. A small smile lifted the left corner of his mouth.

" You can go back to sleep. We will address them once you are awake completely." Jungkook said affectionately to which Taehyung shook his head, groggy with sleep.

" They are our hyungs, no need to agonize yourself with guest-host etiquette." Jungkook said in a sturdy voice that instinctively made Taehyung comply to his demand and finally asleep in between his arms, closer to his beating heart.

Kim Namjoon welcomed the male with a dimpled smile. A two year old Minji grinned widely at the guest, more like the bearers of her torture for the upcoming days, welcoming them to her sweet little home. Even though it was quite late for her to sleep, the little beam of sunshine is giving a hard time to her Appa while her Eomma already went to bed. General Jeon Jungkook would have surely taken the kid in his hands if not they are busy holding his sleeping beauty. Namjoon directed them to a freshly made room where on the bed Jungkook carefully placed a sleep fogged Taehyung. His eyes searching for any discomfit on the other's face and on the note of nothing, he dismissed himself from the room.

" How is he ?" Namjoon asked, offering him a glass of honeyed wine, after making sure Minji is tucked to bed near to her Eomma.

" I was a blockheaded dolt when I planned to tease him, specifically when he was hurt and insecure of himself." Jungkook sighed, taking a longing sip.

" It had taken him three days to recover from the shock that's why i delayed our visit. I don't know if he is strong willed enough to take another one but I'm determined to let him know the truth. Doctor said he has recovered completely from both the injuries and only caution is required to collect his mental health back. I felt like a dirty shit when he said my baby is getting delirious in my presence." Jungkook said frustratingly, gulping down the content in one go.

" Are you sure the boy can take what we are going to give him?" Namjoon asked, concern lacing his words.

"I don't know. To be specific I'm nervous as well but it's for his greater good, doesn't it ? I have asked Yoongi hyung to come along with Hoseok and Jimin. If that kid is here, Taehyung will get a grip to his self. What about you hyung ?" Jungkook asked.

" I think I can take care of the drama. After all you know my wife well." Namjoon smiled, later replacing it with soaring laughs and finally dismissing each other to get the sought after sleep.

It was near to dawn when Jungkook had quit his contemplation and finally got into the bed with Taehyung. The General watched him for a moment, the boy looked serene with rosy cheeks, partly opened mouth and steady breaths. His memories took him to the dreadful hour, five days ago.

■■■■■■

The morning was covered under a bright blanket of cotton clouds. The nourishing winds embraced everyone with a pleasant warmth and positivity.

" Namjoon Hyung."

Jungkook called out for the elder who was busy talking with Min Yoongi. The sudden salutation has startled both the elders but composed themselves to wrap over the excited news.

 His Sculpted Kingdom (TAEKOOK) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara