⁸ Safety

When Taehyung opened his eyes, he could see the darkened sky through the window. He caught himself furled under the quilt till his waist and the bulky male's head on his chest which he realized with a jolt of heaviness.

Jungkook's cheeks are maliciously squeezing his boobs. His breaths are googling how to touch the serene part of his skin. Taehyung gulped, feeling the heaviness and also the sensation of someone being so close to him, to his unwrapped and figuratively naked body.

His buzz cut of a hair tickled his neck. Taehyung tapped on Jungkook's temple lightly. The man on his chest who looks like a child trapped in a bulky body, faintly whined which brought a light smile on Taehyung's face. The younger observed the vibrant plant ink on his right hand which was wrapped around Taehyung's petite waist.

The scent of sandalwood and roasted almonds emits a burly, impersonal and passive nature of the sleeping soldier. But the countless eyelashes that swept across his cheeks as well as the scattered moles on his face reveals a male who has never been touched by anyone. The bunny teeth, from his partially opened mouth unfurls a male who only craves for an assured touch.

And that was what Taehyung gave to him.

Taehyung slowly pressed his fingers on Jungkook's temple and traced his hairline. Jungkook purred in his sleep, not even trying to hide his contentment with the other's action.

Jungkook's entwined arm moved, directionlessly on the other's waist, deleteriously scrapping the other's boobs in its way. Taehyung let out a yelp when Jungkook's fingers tapped on the bottom line of his right boob. He took long breaths in an attempt not to squeal and wake the man.

With bone depth certainty, Taehyung felt it.

The safety.
The warmth.
The looming presence of a person.
The detached absence of loneliness.

After some time, Taehyung had eventually fallen asleep in the other's embrace.

The sun had come out. But Taehyung couldn't hear any commotion outside. It seems like the residents didn't come back yet. When Taehyung was awake, the General was no where to be seen but joined him eventually with a patch of embarrassment on his sturdy face which made Taehyung smiled. Surely the General realised that he had woken up on his boobs.

Taehyung ran towards his tent when Jungkook nodded to leave.

Jungkook smiled at the piece of paper that he clutched in his fist, written by the boy who happily and teasingly ran from his vicinity.

To

General Jeon,

Thank you for saving me. Thank you for coming to look for me and thank you for letting me feel the safety even if it's only for a night.

By

Kim Taehyung.

Little does Taehyung knows that the General didn't go at all. He only went to guide the corperals and came back when he realized the boy wasn't in the throng he had led to the festival.

Little does Taehyung knows the General finds his ultimate goal in ensuring the safety of the lad not only for one night but for the rest of his life.

Safety of the one and only Kim Taehyung.

■■■■■

" You won't believe what all things I have heard about the General." Jimin exclaimed while telling what all he had heard about the mighty General.

Taehyung raised his eyebrows, showing his indulgence in the gossips while his hands were busy doing the laundry.

"He had single handedly killed more than a hundred people in a battle." Jimin said, clearly indicating his excitement at the General's chivalry.

But Taehyung's eyebrows met in a frown. He utmost believed killing people is not a chivalrous act.

"And he went for a single operation when the rivals took the children from a downtrodden village. He came back with all the children unscared and the bandits chained. Can you belive that ?" This time both Jimin and Taehyung emitted the aura of being pride.

"And....." the chivalrous story of General Jeon continued until Taehyung completed the laundry. Jimin further helped Taehyung to hang the clothes and they together retrieved to the building.

Kimchimma fed Taehyung and asked about the previous day. Unable to conceal the pain as well as the excitement of being with General, he poured his heart out. He hugged her warmly when their memories came directed at Sua.

" I'm o..okay. Kimchima." Taehyung croaked out his words.
Kimchima placed a kiss before retreating from the hug.

■■■■

" General, I'm unable to spot Soldier Kris Wu." Jung Hoseok came panting towards him.

" He went to guard the territories." Jungkook monotonously said.

"The territories. But why?" Hoseok asked as he knows the vengeful drama taking place at the borders. There is no likely coming back to their homes once they got appointed at the territories. No letters can be passed either as the channel could be blocked with heavy snowfall and bad climatic conditions. It is a hideously superior punishment for soldiers, at the same time, an act of dignity.

" He asked for it." Jungkook said dismissively and walked towards his tent while Hoseok wondered at the turn of events.

Jungkook's eyes locked at the person in his tent. His hands instinctively went to pull up the dagger in his waist but once he met those hazel brown eyes, his own oceanic orbs gleamed with a sudden jolt of happiness.

" Kim." Jungkook acknowledged.

Taehyung bowed and motioned with his eyes at the folded jeogori on his bed. Jungkook casted a sly smirk.

"I think you have wore it more than me. You can have it. " Jungkook said to which Taehyung shook his head and ran.

Jungkook smiled and upon remembering something he touched his lips and then his cheeks.

He again smiled and watched his reflection.

Smiling was once foreign to him.
But now he smiles, more than often.

💜 vote if you enjoy reading it 💜