Chapter fifteen

I couldn't believe just what I was seeing before me

I couldn't believe just what I was seeing before me. Nicolas was almost pale as a blank sheet of paper, while Allegra looked all smug as she stared at me.

This was what he meant about wanting me?

It was interesting to see Nicolas's entire demeanour change once he saw me. Whatever he was trying to do or make me feel jealous, was working out perfectly for him. Of course, the last thing that I should've expected was for him to be all over me. But it did hurt to see him all obsessed over someone else.

"It's my apartment, Vittoria. I can come and go as I please."

"So can I as you told me," he nodded once, his eyes still locked with mine.

"Yes, so I don't understand why you're surprised," Nico said and finally looked at Allegra. "I have some work to catch up on," she smiled at him and nodded. "We can talk later," the corner of his mouth lifted in an attempt to smile before he walked around her and disappeared up the stairs.

Vittoria glanced back at me, wide-eyed, before she looked back at Allegra who still stood in the kitchen but now faced us.

"Will you be staying here?" Vic asked.

"I have some time to kill before I meet my friend," she answered and looked at me. "Nice to see you, Brielle," I forced a small smile before I looked at Vittoria to wait for whatever she'd do next.

"Alright, I guess we can have a drink or two," she looked at me and smiled. "I'll go make some," she said and handed me her black Chanel bag. I draped it over my shoulder and walked over to the lounge to sit down.

I loved Nico's apartment because of how clean it always was. There was not a single speck of dust anywhere and the dark interior was actually riveting. I heard Allegra's heels hitting the marble behind me as she neared. I sat down in the meantime and looked over to the side to admire the stunning view through the windows.

"How did you meet Nicolas?" I heard her ask which, in all honesty, surprised me. Allegra sat down on the opposite couch and put one leg over the other as she stared at me.

"We met at a club. Nothing special," I smiled and looked away from her as I found her stare too intense.

"Tell me, how much did you have to grovel in order to get him to actually like you?" I frowned before meeting her eyes.

"Grovel?"

"You know, butter him up to get whatever you wanted?"

"Is that what you want to do? Dig up everything he has to offer?" She looked at me offended.

"Are you calling me a gold digger?" I shrugged.

"If the shoe fits, wear it," I said before realising what kind of mistake I'd made. I had no intention of starting an argument with her but I suppose the jealousy really worked in other ways.