Chapter twenty-three

"You should inform me of your whereabouts," Nicolas said as I finished packing my suitcase for my Portugal trip

"You should inform me of your whereabouts," Nicolas said as I finished packing my suitcase for my Portugal trip. Nico was laying in my bed, only his bottom half covered by the white duvet. His back rested against the headboard while one of his arms was folded behind his head. His other hand held my phone which I gave to him so he could look through the thousands of photos and videos I had of our daughter. I could watch him in such a setting for hours on end and never get bored.

"You're acting like you don't have my location at all times," I muttered as I entered my bathroom and grabbed my toothpaste and toothbrush.

"I thought you didn't like when I know everything about you," I walked back into the bedroom and packed whatever I picked up from the bathroom.

"I don't like when you pry when you don't have to. I don't mind it if you want to make sure I'm alright," I said, making him smile faintly. "And besides, it's not like I can make you do otherwise."

I zipped up my suitcase before I picked it up from my bed and placed it on the ground. Looking around the room, I wanted to ensure I had everything I needed packed.

"I like the less common photos of you," I heard him say which made me smile.

"I should've hidden them."

"You're acting like I wouldn't be able to find anything," I smiled as I took out my charger from one of the ports and stuffed it into my carry-on. Doing one last time look-through my bedroom, I walked around the bed and checked through the drawers of the bedside tables and then looked through the closet to make sure I took enough swimsuits and other summer clothes.

Once I was out, I checked the time on the watch I had on and once I realised it was almost noon, I quickly hurried to Nicolas's side of the bed and kissed his cheek. I grabbed my phone and took it from his hand before he gripped my wrist and pulled me closer to him. One of his hands wrapped around my throat before he pulled my head closer to his and kissed me against my lips.

I melted right then and there because I had missed these small interactions between the both of us. I knew that he had too, by the intensity of his kiss and the frequency of his kisses.

After I was able to pull myself away from him, I looked down at him. One of his hands wrapped around my thigh as he looked up at me and waited for whatever I would say.

"It's only two days," I muttered, making him smile.

"I know. And I already saved my other phone number in your phone. I'll text you when we're there and maybe call you if you'll be free when I arrive at Natalia's," I smiled and nodded.

"I would very much like that," he grinned as his eyes skimmed down my body.

Since I would be taking a short flight and the weather was more than nice today both here in Rome and in Algarve, I opted for a pastel yellow sundress with many white flowers as decorations. It hugged my waist tightly before flowing down to my knees. It had no sleeves and held onto my shoulders with two thick straps. Instead of heels, I wore a pair of open-toed flats with two white bows on the top. And per Nicolas's request, I did add the letter N to my necklace. I didn't want him to be upset after the newsflash I'd thrown at him.