Chapter thirty-five

I wasn't exactly ready to leave my girls but I did get news of some information on Marion and Carlo

I wasn't exactly ready to leave my girls but I did get news of some information on Marion and Carlo. I entered the meeting room a few minutes late but once I did, everyone looked my way before they began talking.

"We've found some information about Marion's accounts," I smiled at Greta who sat right beside my chair. She dipped her head in greeting before I sat down. We met in person very rarely and relied on communication through the screen.

"Before we get on with that," she interrupted one of the managers. "I have some news for Nicolas that I think he'll like to hear," I looked at her as she connected her laptop to the screen ahead. "We found out sometime three years ago that Carlo might be working with Eduardo as he was seen coming out of the building then," the photos I had seen years prior of Carlo exiting my father's business building, and then a map of the route he took to the airport. "Recently, I found that Eduardo wasn't in the building then," I listened carefully and glanced at her computer screen where footage of Carlo in Eduardo's office appeared.

They were blurry because of the bright light coming onto the windows but I could see the silhouette of another man in my father's chair.

"Luciano," I breathed out.

"Yes, Nico. I had to double check but as it turns out, Luciano has been in contact with Carlo for the past five years. The transcripts of their conversations are brief and until we find out from one of them, I doubt we'll be able to know why they're actually working together," she said.

"Have you tried the bugs in Eduardo's office?" She nodded.

"None were active. I think he was smart enough to know we would eventually find out," I nodded as I pinched the bridge of my nose.

The last thing I needed was to have another scandal in my life that involved Carlo. One of my lead executives, pushed a file onwards me as Greta continued to speak.

"It's a tricky situation but I know we can figure something out," I opened the folder and saw the same papers from last night, dotted with blood stains. I took a pen from a pencil holder in front of me and signed the papers, confirming my rise in power. I handed the files to him and saw him nod in appreciation.

"I believe he's trying to find Greta," I blurted out a wild suggestion.

"You do not actually think that," I met Greta's eyes.

"What else could Luciano provide for him? A bag of money? He'd get caught. Properties? Caught. Nothing is more valuable to Carlo right now than finding Greta."

"Isn't her brother dead?" I heard the man I interacted with before.

"Yes, and there's a good chance she's done it," Greta didn't react to this thought and instead, showed me a receipt for a plane ticket.

"He's planning to come here next week," she said. "If we can find Luciano here with Carlo, we can frame him and get everything we need from his mouth."

"How do you know he isn't actually coming here to see my father?"