14: Yelling

The conversation was pleasant, trading stories and tales of the past, enjoying the future to come, and cheering towards the construction efforts. I hoped I found some new found friends, it would be nice.

The room crackled with tension as the conversation spiraled into discord at the mention of Technoblade. Bad choice on my part. The once-harmonious gathering had become a battleground of conflicting emotions, with the mention of Technoblade acting as a catalyst for buried resentments and deep-seated anger.

Tubbo's face contorted, his voice laced with anger. "He blew up the entire nation, I was willing to forgive him for killing me, yet he went around and betrayed us all!"

Phil, in his usual ways tried to deescalate the situation, "He had a lot going through his mind, he-"

Tubbo interrupted the winged man, "How can you defend Technoblade, Phil? He destroyed everything we built! He brought chaos and pain to L'Manburg!"

Philza's eyes hardened, his voice edged with a mix of defensiveness and remorse. "I'm not defending his actions, Tubbo. But I've spent a lot of time with him, I know him better than you do."

Ranboo, caught in the crossfire, shifted uncomfortably, his eyes darting between the two conflicting sides. "Technoblade destroyed the nation right? From what I've been told he made his values clear, and I can see both perspectives. But how can we move forward when the wounds are still fresh?"

Gosh and all I said was a joke about the man fighting a war about potatoes, a potato joke caused this entire argument!

I stepped forward, a mediator in this storm of emotions, my voice steady but with an underlying sense of urgency. "I understand the pain and anger, Tubbo. The scars left by Technoblade's actions are still here. But harboring resentment and refusing to acknowledge the possibility of change will only perpetuate the cycle of mistrust."

Tubbo's nostrils flared, his fists clenched at his sides and his fluffy ears flicked, "Change? He never changes! He's the blade! He brings chaos and violence with him! We can't trust that he won't do anything! He's still out there, probably preparing from another war!"

I fell silent, if I were to say too much then he'd know I'd been with Techno. Yet it was true, how'd they know he wasn't going to appear tomorrow and attack?

Sure he was now in 'retirement.' But these folks didn't know that. What would he even do in retirement? Except from the change of clothes, he was still coming home covered in soot and ash, an indication of the nether.

Why go to that place if he was supposed to be peaceful? Peace was not a word known to the nether, full of blood and trauma.

Philza's voice cracked with a mix of frustration and desperation. "I can't answer that, Tubbo. I don't have all the answers. But I believe in redemption, in the capacity for growth. Without it, what hope do any of us have?"

The room descended into a tense silence, each person grappling with their own conflicting emotions. The weight of the past loomed large, threatening to suffocate any possibility of reconciliation.

Ranboo, his voice barely above a whisper, broke the silence. "Is there no middle ground? Can we not find a way to heal and move forward without fully trusting Technoblade?"

I nodded, grateful for his level-headedness amidst the mounting tension. "Healing takes time, Ranboo. Rebuilding trust is a gradual process. It starts with open dialogue, acknowledging the pain and holding each other accountable. We don't have to ignore the past, but we can strive for a future where forgiveness and understanding are possible."

Scars healed but left marks.

Tubbo's eyes burned with a mix of anger and skepticism. "And if he never changes? If we open ourselves up again and he destroys everything once more?"

Philza's voice quivered with a hint of vulnerability. "Then we will deal with it, Tubbo. We will face the consequences together. But if there is a chance, however small, for growth and redemption, we owe it to ourselves and to each other to explore it. Isn't that what happened to L'Manburg? Without a chance for better, it could have been destroyed, forever."

Each word spoken seemed to fan the flames of conflict, stirring emotions that had long been simmering beneath the surface.

Tubbo's voice trembled with anger, his eyes burning with a fierce determination. "Technoblade is a menace, Phil! He has to pay for what he's done! He has to listen to justice."

Philza's voice grew strained, his gaze locking with Tubbo's. "This isn't justice, it's revenge. It's been a while, shouldn't the nation focus on rebuilding? Not chasing after someone who has disappeared?"

Ranboo, torn between the strong personalities in the room, interjected, his voice wavering. "How do we know he's disappeared he could come back at any moment, he's had time to prepare?"

Way to fan the flames of conflict Ranboo. Who's side was he even on?

Tubbo scoffed, his anger simmering just beneath the surface. "Exactly! We can't afford to take that risk. L'Manburg was built on trust and unity, and Technoblade shattered it all."

I stepped forward, my voice calm yet resolute, attempting to bridge the growing divide. "I understand your concerns, Tubbo. Trust is fragile, and it's difficult to rebuild once it's broken. But we shouldn't let our fear consume us entirely. Perhaps we need to seek a path of accountability and monitoring."

Tubbo's eyes narrowed, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Accountability? How do you propose we hold Technoblade accountable? He's proven time and time again that he's untrustworthy."

Philza's voice quivered with a mix of frustration and desperation. "We can't judge a person solely based on their past. People change, and sometimes it takes time and effort to make amends. We have to give Technoblade the chance to prove himself."

Tubbo crossed his arms, his tone filled with bitterness. "And what if he takes advantage of that chance? What if he uses it to hurt us once more?"

Ranboo nodded, acknowledging the complexity of the situation. "You're right, Tubbo. We can't disregard the pain and destruction caused. We must approach this with caution, setting clear boundaries and mechanisms for monitoring Technoblade's actions."

Phil's frustration boiled over, his voice escalating in volume. "And what if he refuses to be monitored? You can't just start spying on someone!"

Tubbo's gaze hardened, determination flashing in his eyes. "Then we bring him in, he has to face the justice of L'Manburg. We host a trial for him."

Phil stepped forward, rage in his eyes, "He's not a member of this nation, you cannot induct him."

Tubbo was still thinking, "Ranboo, will you help me? I'm going to get some others to help."

Ranboo nodded. Who's side was he on? It felt like he tried to be neutral but kept forgetting what to say. Phil turned to speak again and Tubbo spoke even louder, "This could be considered treason Philza Minecraft. Continue finishing your house then help with other construction. Welcome Thanatos to the Nation of L'Manburg, I hope you choose to stay, peacefully."

Phil and I stayed silent as Tubbo started to walk away, Ranboo after him like a little lap dog. The two toned tall man looked back and gave me a nod, which I returned. He seemed ok.. I guess. Gosh, not even one day in and I was causing trouble, what would Death say?

I could only watch as the cracks of this nation grow bigger, Phil was silent as he led me back to his unfinished house. I offered to help him but he told me to head back to the tundra. Warn Technoblade of what was coming.

I tried to convince him to come with, yet he pointed out it would be too suspicious. I finally agreed and he gave me directions to a nether portal, and a map with a quicker route back. Why hadn't Techno given me this in the first place? I could handle myself.

Oh yeah, he thought I couldn't use a sword.