25: Pickaxe

I was flown backwards, landing on the stairs to the podium, my ears ringing as I scrambled to get up. I looked up at he blurry scene in front of me.

There was screaming I couldn't hear, and everything looked as if it were in slow motion, it was like I'd been hit by a bomb.

I felt like puking again, and I saw a blur of pink and purple run towards me, Technoblade, how was he still alive? The anvil hit him square on the head.

I couldn't think about it, as Techno pulled me up and wrapped my arm around his shoulders, charging across the wooden bridges that made up L'Manburg. The ringing in my ears slowly dissipated, and I could only wish they hadn't as all I heard was screaming.

I could barely keep up with Techno, and it was almost like he was carrying me. My feet dragged along the ground, refusing to cooperate with my commands, and I barely saw what we were chasing.

Carl, Carl the horse was running into a hole in a hill, being ridden by a figure I couldn't make out. It wasn't long before we reached the hill and Technoblade brought me down the tunnel with Carl, and sat me against the wall.

I put a hand up to my head, pulling it down I could see blood, my fingers were covered in the sticky red liquid. I turned my head and saw Technoblade was left rummaging around the assorted chests, pulling out different items.

He complained about the tunnel not being horse shaped, and went to mine out some room so that Carl could get through. He muttered to himself, and I only caught a couple words. 'Heh, What, Carl, and Scuffed' were mostly what he was saying.

He must have noticed my staring, because he came over to me and kneeled, putting a hand on my forehead and lifting my hair to look at the bare skin. He grimaced and said something that I couldn't hear, before shaking his head and looking away from me, to the entrance of the small hill.

He stood up, holding a netherite pickaxe he got from the chest, his face turning into a frown as he opened his mouth and started talking. He checked his communicator, commented on a character named Dream, and hid Carl behind a wall of stone before turned around to face the intruder.

"What the fuck is this Techno? How the fu- How the hell did that anvil not kill you?!" The intruder said, it was one of the people that came to the tundra, wearing a full enchanted set of netherite armor, and wielding a diamond axe.

Technoblade chuckled a little bit before responding, "Did you really think Quackity, that you could kill me that easily?"

Quackity stammered a little bit, before Technoblade continued, "You think Death can stop me Quackity? You know what? I've got a lot to say, I was gonna say it at the trial but we got a lil bit interrupted Quackity. Y'know I tried convincing you guys that government wasn't the answer, that government was actually the cause of all your problems. I tried to convince you guys by fighting along side you as brothers, and you just used me, you cast me aside! When I left! When I retired, I swore off violence! You hunted me down, you hurt me, and my friends!"

Technoblade was all but yelling, left with heavy breathing as Quackity started to talk again, "You don't understand what we're trying to build here Techno, this isn't a simple anarchy thing. You think I give a shit about the withers? No, no, you're on the fucking hit list, I'm building a country here, and I don't care how long it takes me, I'm going to fucking kill you Technoblade."

Quackity spoke in a deep calm voice, and Techno responded, "I just have one question Quackity, do you think you're enough to kill me? Even unarmed with iron armor? Do you think you can take me?"

"Oh I do, you know what, let's ducking ind out you son of a-" Quackity started to say, before Techno ran further down the tunnel to where I couldn't see him.

Quackity ran after him, slowed down by a small wall of stone that Techno put down, and I heard the breaking of glass, potions. I could hear the clanging of metal, hitting each other, and yelling, screaming. It was mostly Quackity, yelling curses, and if I could, I'd get down there and try to help. I felt like a spectator.

Above the commotion, I heard two sentences.

Technoblade, in plain iron armor, and a single pickaxe, "I have a pickaxe.. AND I'LL PUT IT THROUGH YOUR TEETH!"

Right after that was another sentence, "YOU HAVE DONE SO MUCH FUCKING DAMAGE, TO EVERYTHING WE'VE BEEN BUILDING, ALL THE FUCKING LONG."

And that was it, before one loud sound, and then silence, and I could feel it, a death.

Technoblade has killed Quackity.