🜂 | what have we accomplished?

[due to popular demand... also i thought of this, then went to watch manifest 4b and. im so?? did i... manifest that? haha!]

[umm... how did i make this almost 5k words??? also also - noah finnce fans, anyone?]

.

"Are you serious? No. No. What? No. Why us? Why again? Why can't someone else do it? They will probably recognise us. Why? No. I refuse. No!"

Zane, as well as Cole, raised an eyebrow at him, however, there was more confusion written on their face than on Cole's. Cole was giving him more of a 'Are you serious?' look while Zane could probably only wonder what stood behind his hectic answer.

"You're the only ninja available right now plus you already have some experience. We've figured it would only seem fitting to assign you two," they replied, an odd tone swirling in their voice. Kai vehemently ignored Cole's stare.

"But that's not fair!"

"Why is this such a problem? I do not understand, you did well the last time."

"I just..." Stupid eyes, won't listen to him! As quickly as he looked at Cole, he looked back away. "I just don't want to put on some weird outfit Jay comes up with again."

"Jay is currently not here. He's on a mission with Lloyd..." Their eyes flashed. "According to my scan you are healthy, only showing signs of nervousness. Is something the trouble?"

"All right! You got me." Kai laughed, raising his hands up in defence. Another glance thrown Cole's direction before he put on the most convincing frown and crossed his arms. "I just can't stand Cole. He's so annoying! I don't want to go on another mission with him."

"You can't stand me?" Kai tapped his foot. He knew very well Cole was aware of the truth and he also knew that this was only a way to get more under his skin. But he won't give him the win.

"Yes, I can't stand you, Cole. I can't stand your presence for barely a second. Even now I'm going through incredible torment. It's literally killing me. Each moment in your presence is like sinking in shifting sands." Zane glanced from one to another, still visibly confused and, apparently, not buying Kai's lie.

"Really? I've never observed such dislike... We all assumed you were rather fond of Cole..."

"Well, then you're all idiots and assumed wrong. Cole is a fucking pest."

"Thanks, sweetheart." Kai scowled some more, this time to hide how flustered the word made him. He recognised the sarcastic tone but something about the way Cole said the word sweetheart and how it was addressed at him... Not that he didn't call everyone on the team sweetheart.

"Well... I'm sorry to put you in such position, but we need two on the job and as I said previously, you're the only two available. You will have to work through this, Kai. Even outside those missions because, after all, we are a team and a team cannot work if anybody refuses to cooperate. I hope you understand that."

Kai tapped his foot some more, groaned, closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He took some deep breaths before looking at Zane again.

"Fine. Fine, whatever. We will do it. Was there even a choice? Fuck's sake..."

Zane gave him one more funny look before turning back to all the screens. "Well then, you two will have to follow our suspects. According to the decoded conversation they're supposed to meet a superior at a café. It's supposed to seem like a regular business meeting between two colleagues.

"You will infiltrate the shop as a pair of friends. If anything goes south, we have a cover for you. You're just coming back from a football match. For the record, it was FC Jade and Ninjago United, the score ended 4:2 for FC Jade which you, as Ninjago United fans left rather enraged. So I advise your disguise fits, I'll give you the tickets. It's really just in the worst-case scenario, I believe you should be able to slip by without gaining excessive attention.