CHAPTER 17

"Sometimes the people around you won't understand your journey. They don't need to, it's not for them." - Joubert Botha

Piero Antonio Pov

As I shared the harrowing details of Belle's ordeal with him, I noticed a mix of worry and anger flicker across his face. It was evident that he, too, was deeply affected by what had happened to our dear friend. 

The anger in his eyes seemed to fuel a newfound determination within him, and he expressed his desire to participate in seeking justice for Belle.

"When do you plan to tell this to the family?" he asked, his voice tinged with concern. My heart sank as I realized my grave mistake – I had forgotten to inform my parents about the incident. The mere thought of their reaction filled me with dread. 

Our family had always cherished the birth of a girl, considering it a rare and precious event. I knew that once they learned about Belle's unfortunate experience, their love for her would only intensify, but they would also be furious with me for keeping such crucial information from them.

My mind raced as I contemplated the best way to break the news. I wanted to shield my parents from the harsh reality, but I knew that the truth had to be told. 

They had a right to know, especially since Belle had become an inseparable part of our lives, her infectious joy and warmth brightening even the gloomiest of days. She was, quite simply, a walking sunshine.

After our intense conversation, we left my office and walked together to see our guests off. They had an important meeting to attend, and punctuality was crucial. As we bid them farewell, Fabiano approached me, eager to share what Caleb had confided in him about their involvement in the mafia. 

Later, as I made my way up to the entertainment room, I could already hear a familiar laughter echoing through the halls. It was a distinctive laugh, one that could only belong to Belle. With a smile on my face, I followed the sound and entered the room.

There, I found Belle surrounded by her brothers, engaged in a playful tickling session. Her face was flushed and her laughter filled the air, bringing joy to everyone present. It was a precious sight that reminded us all of the innocence and happiness that Belle embodied.

I watched as Belle squirmed and giggled, her infectious laughter serving as a reminder of the love and light that she brought into our lives. In that moment, I couldn't help but feel grateful for the moments of pure joy that we shared as a family, despite the challenges that lay ahead.

As I entered the room, I immediately noticed my daughter's presence. She was engaged in a lively game with her siblings, their laughter filling the air. Amidst the joyous chaos, she suddenly noticed me and with a mischievous grin, she called out, "Papa, help me!"

Her plea was interspersed with laughter, but I could sense something was amiss. Her small frame struggled for breath, indicating that the tickling had become overwhelming. Concerned for her well-being, I swiftly moved to separate them, gently untangling their tickling hands from her delicate body.

As the room gradually quieted down, I turned to my daughter and inquired about the commotion. Her anger was palpable as she recounted the events that had unfolded. It seemed they were engrossed in a lively Xbox game, with a playful consequence for the loser—being subjected to a round of tickles by the victor.

"Papa, Lu-Lu and Emi cheated," she fumed, her voice filled with determination. Her face flushed red with indignation, and it was hard to contain my amusement at her adorable display of frustration.

Unable to resist her charm, I chuckled softly and reassured her, "Alright, Vita mia, we will make sure they are punished for their cheating ways." Her reaction was priceless as she scrunched up her face in a display of defiance towards her siblings, causing everyone in the room to burst into laughter at her irresistible cuteness.