CHAPTER 24

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu

Isla Isabelle POV

Aunt Lia's words resonated in the room, emphasizing the presence of four sons within the family, including a twin around my age. She looked at her sons with a firm expression, prompting them to introduce themselves to me.

A boy, stepped forward with an air of excitement. His youthful energy filled the space as he proudly proclaimed, "My name is Liam Isaac Caruso! I'm the youngest of all of us, but since you're here, you are now the youngest too. You need to call me brother." His words tumbled out, accompanied by a flurry of enthusiasm, as he eagerly shared stories of his toys and the adventures he envisioned us having together.

"I am Thomas Sebastian Caruso, and I'm so happy to meet you! We're twins, and I hope we can become the best of friends. Don't worry, I'll share all my toys with you, and we can play together all the time. I can teach you lots of fun things too, like how to build awesome Lego structures or how to ride a bike. We'll have so much fun exploring new adventures together!"

I feel a gentle pat on my head from Thomas, and it instantly eases my nervousness. His warm smile makes me feel welcome, and I can't help but return the smile, assuring him that I'm excited to play with him and his brothers.

"Elijah Aiden Caruso, it's a pleasure to finally meet you, angel. Ever since we arrived here, your brother has been raving about you non-stop. By the way, I really like your hair. It suits you well. And I bet I will be your favorite Brother in no time." He said, bending down to my level. I couldn't help but admire his smile and his cute dimples.

"Logan Samuel Caruso, the oldest of the bunch. You can come to me when someone annoys you or when you need something. I will give you whatever you want, just ask me." He said in a cool tone, but I could sense a hint of warmth in his eyes. I smiled back at him, feeling a bit more relaxed. I was glad they cared about me and wanted to make me feel welcome.

Liam's words stung in the air, the tension between the two brothers palpable. The younger one, Liam, scowled at his older brother, frustration etched across his face. "But brother, you didn't even buy us anything when we ask for something," he complained, his voice laced with disappointment.

The older brother, Logan, met Liam's glare head-on, his own eyes filled with a mix of anger and exasperation. "That's because you're always acting like a brat and being stubborn," Logan retorted, his voice tinged with irritation. "You both just cause trouble everywhere we go."

"That's enough, you fools," the man exclaimed, his voice filled with irritation as he directed his attention towards me. His concern-filled eyes met mine, conveying a sense of worry and protectiveness.

"Don't make this munchkin hear your bad words, alright?" he said, his voice gentler now as he directed a wink towards me. My cheeks flushed with a mixture of shyness and admiration. 

"Hello, little girl," a familiar voice greeted me with warmth and sincerity. It was the man who had intervened in the heated argument, the same man who had shown concern for me earlier. His smile reached his eyes, conveying a genuine apology for any distress he may have caused. "I'm sorry about that, and I promise I will take care of you. I am your uncle Lorenzo, Joseph Lorenzo Caruso."

As I looked up at Uncle Lorenzo, a sense of relief washed over me. His kind words reassured me that his actions were not meant to harm, but rather to protect. I could sense his sincerity, and it put my heart at ease. I smiled back at him, understanding that forgiveness was an important part of building a strong family bond.

Just then, another person stepped forward, a woman radiating warmth and excitement. "Hi, beautiful girl," she greeted me with a cheerful tone. "I'm your aunt Vic, Victoria Avery Vitelli-Caruso." Her words made me feel welcomed and loved, as if I had found a new family member who genuinely cared about me.