Part 16

You were shocked, to say the least. The last person you expected to see was Lena, but here she was.

"You were right," she blurts out before you have time to say anything. "I fucking knew it" you say with a smirk.

"Now please elaborate, I'm right like all the time" you say with a slight smirk as you lean on your doorway.

Lena rolls her eyes at your arrogance. You really weren't arrogant, but you knew how much it annoyed Lena when you acted like this.

Lena thinks for a split second of how to say it, but instead she just pulls you down by the collar of your shirt and connects your lips together.

"You were right. I do like you. I really shouldn't, but I do." Lena finally admits as she pulls away. "Oh I-" You start "umm" you say as you scratch the back of your neck.

"I didn't - think it was... true," you say guiltily. You see Lena's face drop as she realizes that you don't actually like her like you had led her to believe.

"Shit, I- umm. I should go. I'm sorry, " Lena exclaims. You catch her by the wrist as she turns to rush away.

You pull her back into your arms as you pull her into a kiss again. "I'm sorry, i had to." You laugh out. "I do Lena, i like you too," you finally say.

"You're such a jerk," Lena says unamused, punching your arm. "Hey, that's what you get for kissing a taken woman," you chuckle.

"Oh wait," Lena says sadly. "Oh, don't worry, we're not together. We never really were." You say assuring Lena.

She just looks back at you, confusion all over her face. You invite her inside and close your door.

"It was all pretend. Taylor liked Josh, who wouldn't ask her out even though it was obvious he liked her back, so she asked me to fake date her to make him jealous, " you explain.

"Soo- is it over?" Lena asks. "Yeah, he finally admitted his feelings on Friday." You tell her.

You both sit on your couch as you tell her the whole story. "But if you want to give this a try, you need to be all in." You say.

"You either want this or you don't. But i need you to be sure that you are actually willing to try this, " you tell her.

"I do," Lena says without a second thought. "I want this - I want you," Lena admits. You smile at her. "Okay then," you say as you peck her lips.

"So how are we going to do this?" Lena questions. "I don't know, however you want. Lex will definitely be okay with it, so it's up to you, " you state.

You talk for a little bit longer and decide that it would be fun to see how far you can take it until people figure out that you are dating.

"I should take you home, it's getting late and your parents might be worried," you say. Lena nods in agreement.

You drive her home and she kisses you goodbye before leaving the car saying a small "thank you" for driving her.

---

"Lena, where have you been? It's almost 10 pm." Lillian questions the younger Luthor. "I was at Sarah's. We lost track of time, sorry," Lena replies simply.

"Don't be staying out too late on school nights Lena" Lillian tells her. "Ok," is all Lena says before heading to her room.

She plops on her bed as she stares at the ceiling for a while with a smile on her face. She finally admitted to you and to herself that she likes you, and she couldn't be happier.

Lena was super excited to see where your relationship goes from here. She also loved the idea of doing it in secret to see how soon people start to notice. There was something so thrilling about it.

You were planning to continue as you were before you started dating and then just make it more and more risky as time goes on to see how far you can take it before they realize.

The hardest part for you will be not telling Lex about it since you tell him everything. You knew he wouldn't care and would support you two together, but he most definitely won't like that you didn't tell him straight away.

---

You go through your day as normal at school. Just catching a few glances of Lena in your shared classes every so often.

Honestly, you had liked Lena for a long time, but you were never going to do anything about it since you weren't in a place to date when you first started to crush on her.

You couldn't believe that you actually got her. Your younger self would be so proud of you. You knew there was something special about this girl the first time you laid eyes on her in freshman year.

You started to tease her every so often as it was the only time you got to interact with her. You loved how she would react to your teasing which made you want to do it more.

You never had any malicious intent during the years with your teasing, but Lena didn't think so. You realized your crush on Lena in your second year of high school.

But you knew better than to date anyone, knowing your parents, it was an absolutely terrible idea.

Once you figured out your crush on her, you started to tease her even more, going from a few times a month to a weekly occurrence that only progressed through high school.

Teasing Lena was an escape for you. You know now that it was fucked up, but it was the only thing that made you a little happier, seeing the girl at school everyday and her priceless reactions.

Having lived with abusive and alcoholic parents for as long as you could remember, you never really had a childhood or any happy memories.

Lena always managed to brighten up your day, even if you went about it the wrong way. But in your mind it was the only way.

You refused to form bonds with people as you were too embarrassed about your parents. You didn't want anyone to know about how bad they were.

You knew that you could never bring friends to your house and you were never allowed to leave the house outside of school so it was pretty pointless making friends.

The one person you befriended over the years was Lex, he saw right through you when you met. And as much as you tried to push him away, he still stayed by your side.

He was a year older than you and you were shocked he wanted anything to do with you when you found out that he is Lena's brother.

But honestly he just wanted to look out for you, he recognized the signs as he already had a friend who didn't have great parents.

Eventually you started making more friends as Lex introduced you to his friend group. At that point your parents had stopped caring completely, they didn't care if you were home or not, if you were dead or alive. Half the time they would be too drunk to even remember that they have a kid.

You allowed yourself to make friends to have a support system and to distract yourself from your parents. Your life had for once started to move in a good direction as you had found your chosen family.

Though you considered all your friends family, very few of them actually knew the full story of your home life. Lex being the only one at first and then eventually Taylor as you became close friends with her.

When your parents died, you were a little sad but you were also relieved. You no longer had to put up with them. They could no longer drag you down with them.

Since your family had owned the house it got passed to you a month after their death as you had turned 18. You were also happy to find out that your grandparents had left you a pretty good trust fund before they died a couple years ago.

This meant that you didn't have to start working to put yourself through high school. You were glad that your grandparents had made sure no one, including your parents would have access to the account until you turned 18 because they would have wiped it clean.

You got access to a decent sum of money at a pretty young age, but you weren't stupid with it. You never seen money like that before but you knew that you needed to make it last.

You weren't a very materialistic person anyway. You were going to stretch this money as far as you can. It helped you get your first car and by the end of school there should still be enough to put you through college.