Part 39

You spent the last week hanging out with Kat, making the most of your time left together before you leave for National City.

It was graduation day today and you all got dressed up for it. You listened to a few speeches from various people before you both went up to claim your diploma as your names got called.

Kat came to your graduation too, wanting to support her best friends. You couldn't quite believe that college was over. It went by like a flash.

You three went out for a nice dinner after your graduation before coming back to your dorms and throwing a mini celebration party with some of your closest friends that were still around.

A few days after your graduation, you got a notification that the ring was ready. You quickly deleted the message just in case, keeping it in the back of your mind that you need to find time to go pick it up.

You were pleasantly surprised as the ring was made in 10 days instead of the couple weeks you expected.

Since Kat knew about your intentions of proposing, you asked her to take Lena to get their nails done together and have a little girls' day just the two of them.

This would give you the opportunity to go check out the ring and make sure it's to your liking. They arranged it for 2 days later, so you waited patiently for them to go out.

You made your way to the fancy jewellery store and the person behind the counter seemed to recognize you from when you were here last. 

"Ah, welcome back. I will get you your ring," the man said politely and you nodded in acknowledgement.

He disappeared in the back for a few moments before re-emerging with a ring box. "I think it turned out amazing. What do you think?" He asks, opening the box with his question.

Your mouth fell open at the sight. It was even better than you had imagined. "Oh my god. It's amazing," you say in shock.

"I'm glad to hear that," the older man says. "I kind of want to keep it for myself," you chuckle jokingly as you take the box from his hand to closer inspect the ring.

The man chuckles at your comment, "Well, at least you know she'll say yes when she sees it," the man teases.

"I don't think the ring would be a problem," you chuckle. "She'd say yes with a ring pop as long as she was ready to take the next step." You tell him with a smile.

"That's great to hear," the man chuckles. "This is why I got into this profession. I love to see people being all cute and in love." He reveals, causing you to smile.

"On second thought, she might scold me when she sees the ring, for how expensive it looks. Maybe I should just use a ring pop." You laugh, making the man chuckle.

"Either way, best of luck in your proposal and your relationship," the man smiles. You pay the balance on the ring and stroll out of the shop happily.

Your heart beat quickly at the thought of having possession of the ring. The fact that the big day was nearing. Originally, you wanted to propose after you got home, but you weren't sure you could wait that long.

You decided that if a moment arises in which you deem fit for a proposal that you will just do it right then and there. Sometimes spontaneity was the best way to go.

Just two days later, such a moment arose. You went on a nice date, which was normal. But then Lena decided that she wanted to go watch the stars.

In most cases, this would have been fine, but she wanted to go to one spot in particular this time. A spot that held a lot of memories for you. One of the most frequently visited spots over the last 2 years of your relationship.

You went here when you wanted to stargaze, when you wanted peace and quiet, when you were stressed, you also came here for several picnics and dates.

It was a gorgeous place, a tall cliff overlooking the city below. It was calm and quiet, only the sound of nature around. You were surprised that no one ever seemed to come up here. You found the area pretty early in your first year of college and it just became your spot.

You wrapped your arms around Lena's waist, hugging her from behind as you looked over the city below you.

You place a small kiss on Lenas shoulder before you beging to speak. "The stars seem to be shining extra brightly tonight and the city below has seemed to stop in time. It's like the whole universe has aligned to make our special place more magical for us to see one more time." You whisper and Lena hums slightly a little confused by your words.

"I guess what I'm trying to say is that you, Lena, brought light into my world. You make me happier than I've ever been and I can't imagine my life without you." You continue talking as you hold her in your embrace.

"Y/n- I," Lena begins as she tries to turn around to face you. Meanwhile, you take the box out of your pocket and kneel down as she turns around.

"Lena Luthor, my love, will you do me the honour of being my wife?" You ask her as you open the ring box.

Lena is left speechless as her hands fly to her mouth in shock. She keeps her eyes on you, "Yes, Oh my God, yes, absolutely," Lena says as she finally gets over the shock and is able to speak with tears beginning to brim in her eyes.

She jumps at you as you stand up and you catch her in your embrace. She hugs you tightly before pulling away enough to connect your lips in a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much," Lena whispers as you separate from the kiss. "I love you more," you smirk, knowing that you were about to start a play fight of who loves who more.

Lena pulls away from you, only now looking at the ring in the box. She glares at you, "What you don't like it?" You ask playfully. You had expected such a reaction.

"You're insane. This must have cost a fortune." Lena says as she looks at the ring again. Lena absolutely loved the ring, but she couldn't help but feel like it was too much.

"Well, my queen deserves the best of the best, what can I say?" You smirk as you pull the ring out of the box.

You take Lenas left hand in yours and slide the ring onto her finger. It fits perfectly. "I'm scared to wear it. What if it gets damaged or I lose it," Lena worries.

You had already known that that may be a problem, along with the fact that Lena didn't really wear rings on a regular basis.

The solution to that was to get her something to put it on. You had worn a necklace that you had intended for her. You figured if she didn't wear it on her hand, she could wear it around her neck, so it would always be with her.

You took off the simple but durable necklace, "that's why I got this, you can wear it around your neck instead since I know you're not a big wearer of rings," you tell her.

Lena smiles as she pulls off the ring and beads it through the necklace. She turns around for you to clasp the necklace with the ring around her neck.

"I will always have it with me by my heart," Lena whispers as she holds the ring dangling on the necklace in level with her heart. "And I can't wait to see where life takes us next." Lena adds, making you nod before pulling her in for another kiss.