C10

Chapter 010

    The building of the mercenary guild is located next to a subway entrance, which is convenient for poor people like Shi Han. Mingzhu City is a city where the local government is rich in taxes, and the public transportation is fairly cheap. Of course, the environment is not very good.

    Shi Han took a shortcut and walked all the way, the subway station was as dirty as a garbage dump, and he saw many homeless people curled up in a ball on the road.

    What? We have all entered the interstellar era of abundant energy. Why is public transportation not free? Why are there still people who live and sleep in the open and go hungry?

    The Galactic Empire is an empire, not a Galactic Socialist Republic. The name of an empire is not a domineering name, it is an empire that expands outward and oppresses inward. Now that outward expansion has stopped, there is only internal oppression.

    Technology cannot save everything, and the existence of an empire itself is an injustice.

    How about overthrowing the empire for fun?

    Shi Han pulled his thoughts away from the revolution, and when he came back to his senses, he was already standing in the guild hall. The front desk received a row of beautiful robots, both men and women. There were not many people coming to do business at this time, and there was no queue in front of the robots.

    Shi Han walked towards the one closest to him, it was a female robot with black hair and black eyes, with a clean and gentle face, she tilted her head slightly, showing a breezy smile. "May I help you with anything?"

    "Membership application, strength test." Shi Han answered succinctly.

    The robot pursed its mouth, and its gentle eyes were slightly annoyed, as if it was blaming Shihan for his impolite words. But Shi Han knew that this was just an E-level AI, and it had no other learning and evolution functions except the pre-programmed scenes.

    After getting the access code from the robot, Shi Han entered a room on the second floor. The wall opposite the door consisted of a display screen, which displayed some mental strength test rules.

    Shi Han took out a pair of goggles from his pocket and put them on. This body from the factory in Gensokyo is close to human, but when he transfers a lot of data, his eyes will glow blue with data flow. The blue goggles effectively filter this light. Especially in this kind of room full of cameras and sensors, as an AI life, he should pay more attention.

    Shi Han connected to the network interface of the evaluation system, and the system fed back his choices of different levels.

    The grading of the strength of human spiritual power began in the Dark Forest Era. After the first battle in the Milky Way, the human beings who stood up from the corpses of their companions received their first gift—the knowledge of spiritual power development from civilizations before the Galactic War . After a long period of experimental research, Dr. Lin Yan, the leader of the spiritual power research team, proposed the strength system of human spiritual power, which has been used to this day.

    The main fighting method of human beings is to manipulate machines through mental power. Ordinary people can only control a few small devices, use auxiliary devices to expand brain signals and connect them to the star network, calculate the complexity according to the level and quantity of the operating devices, and roughly divide the mental power into nine levels from A to F.

    Each level has three sub-levels, the small level represents the fineness of the control, and the gap between the small levels is not too big.

    D- is the minimum registration standard for mercenary guilds, just enough to be used as cannon fodder in interstellar wars. D+ is the big grade of C, the backbone of interstellar combat power, B grade is already a strong person with a certain reputation on a certain planet, and it is also the grade where the imperial school and lieutenant officers get together.