125|born, not made

"NO.  No, it can't be Mase."  Beck argued as she paced the kitchen, the others watching her exasperatedly.  She was refusing to believe that Mase, her best friend, was the beast.  And to be honest, most of the group was struggling to believe it too.  "It can't be." 

   "Beck," Stiles sighed as he rubbed his forehead. 

   "No, it can't be," Beck snapped as she turned to her foster brother.  "I have spent weeks, months with Mase and have never gotten that feeling."  Pausing, Beck glanced to the side as a shiver continuously crawled up her back.  "That unnatural feeling I got from the other chimera.  It's not Mase."

   "You never noticed Hayden and Corey when you got that feeling," Malia said, receiving a glare from her cousin.  Behind her, Luka murmured to himself as he pointed to the wall. 

   "You try figuring out who's giving you the shivers in a crowded school," Beck grumbled, shifting on her feet before turning to the rest of the group.   "It can't be Mase.  He's not even a genetic chimera.  He would have told me if he had a surgery like that." 

   "Born, not made," Luka murmured as he glanced up at the ceiling.  Everyone looked at him before sharing a look.

   Slowly, Beck shook her head.  Her lip moved between her teeth as her fingers began pulling at her shirt. 

   Feeling her anxiety, Liam reached forward, grabbing the small blonde's hands before they could pull at her shirt.  "Hey," Liam said softly, his thumbs rubbing calming circles into the back of Beck's hands.  "We're gonna find Mason.  We're gonna find him and keep him safe." 

  Slowly Beck nodded her head as she stepped forward, standing next to Liam at the counter. 

   "I..." Beck gulped before speaking again, trying to control her anxious emotions.  "I can try a locator spell.  Find where he could be." 

   "I thought your locator spell only showed you doors?"  Lydia asked, arching an eyebrow at the witch.  "What use would a random door be in finding Mason?" 

   "Actually, I recently found out that my boss has a library of grimoires.  At least one of them has to have a locator spell that actually works." 

   "Wait, why does your boss have a library of grimoires?" 

   "Your boss knows you're a witch?" 

   "A library of grimoires?" 

   "Mrs. Porter has what now?" 

   Luka looked up at the name, a broad smile crossing his face.  "Porter.  Alma Porter." 

   Beck nodded at Luka with a smile before explaining.  "Mrs. Porter's husband was a warlock.  A member of our family's coven.  She knew our parents.  Her husband kept a collection of grimoires just in case..." 

   "In case witch hunters attacked," Lydia completed as she looked up at Beck in slight wonder. 

   Beck nodded before continuing.  "I could look through them, try and find a locator spell that would help me find Mase's location.  I can actually use my magic now that most of the witch hunters are... gone." 

   "That's actually not a bad idea," Stiles nodded, rubbing his chin.  "Meanwhile, my dad's got an APB out..." 

   "For a five-eight sixteen-year-old?"  Kira questioned. 

   "I recommended nine-foot-tall rampaging werewolf."

   "It still might not be him," Beck sighed as she looked up at everybody hopefully.  But the looks on their faces told her differently, making the small blonde look down.