Iolanthe Potter Chapter #1

The hall watched as the screen switched to 1991. 

A young girl runs down the stairs. She swerves into the kitchen, and stands in shock. "Aunty Dorcas!" she shouts, hugging the older woman, "what are you doing here?"

 "Aunty Dorcas!" she shouts, hugging the older woman, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to pick the twins up," Dorcas Meadowes, in all her glory says. "I also made you breakfast Iola."

                                                                                                                                                                                                         "My girl looks so grown up Siri," Lydia sobs to Sirius, "and I didn't even get to watch her grow!"

"I know Lyds, I know," Sirius tried soothing her, but there was nothing he could do. The young girl beside him would have to watch her daughter grow up without her. All he could do was sit with her, and watch alongside her.

"Thanks Aunty," Iola replies, digging in, "you know aunty, you never told me what your job actually is."

"That's classified information Iola," Dorcas replies, and edge to her voice now.

"Really," Iola's eyes gleamed, she had hit her mark, "there's only one job that is classified in this world. I've got you caught Unspeakable Meadowes."

"I'm an Unspeakable?!" Dorcas Meadowes perks up from the Ravenclaw table, "I can't even believe it."

"Congrats!" "Good work!" "Of course our Dorcas would be an Unspeakable." All sorts of praises were given to the overwhelmed Ravenclaw witch.

"Our little Star is certainly clever," Euphemia whispered to her husband, "she knew exactly how to trip Ms. Meadowes up."

"I agree Effie," Fleamont said endearingly to his wife, "but she didn't get that from Lyddie. And she is certainly not Sirius's daughter. So who taught her such skills?"

"I wonder as well," Euphemia smiled at her husband, "although I'm sure we'll find out."

"Great going Meadowes," Dorcas mumbled to herself, "keeping this secret ended your marriage, and now an 11 year old knows."

"I got married?" Dorcas asks surprised, "and seemingly divorced?!"

"It seems so Dorcas," Hestia Jones calls to her friend from the Hufflepuff table, "who would've thought?"

Lydia Potter felt Sirius tense under her. This whole experience was jarring to her. She wasn't too surprised she'd died. She was always too reckless, too cocky for her own good. But bringing a Dark Lord down with her? That's what surprised her. She knew she was one of the smartest witches to ever attend Hogwarts, but in all her bravado she never thought she was that good. 

"If it makes you feel any better," Iola says softly, "Uncle Reggie told me to do that. Said it would work wonders."

"Curse you Regulus Arcturus Black," Dorcas thundered, "I'll get that smug little brat at the next family gathering."