Flashbacks Chapter #8

"My poor girl," Lydia says , "why do we have to suffer?"

"I know little heart," Fleamont puts his hand on her shoulder, "but we must shoulder the burden for the sake of the world. Mortem would destroy the world and civilization if we didn't control him."

"I know," Lydia sobs, "but it still hurts."

"I know my dearest pearl," Euphemia soothed, "I know."

The scene shifts to 12th Grimmauld Place.

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK!" Walburga Black screeches on screen, "get down here this instant!"

"Why is she shouting so violently?" Marlene asks Sirius.

"I don't know," he shrugs, "she does this at least twice a day. It could be anything."

"What now?" Sirius lazes into the room, completely fed up with Walburga.

"Explain this!" she shoves a newspaper article into his face.

It was a Witch Weekly article she must have gotten from his Aunt Druella, who was standing nearby with his Uncle Cygnus. The article read as follows: 

Hottest Couple?

Last week, the Ministry of Magic hosted a fundraiser that aimed to raise money for a magical orphanage. While many prominent guests appeared, none were more prominent than the members of the House of Black. The House of Black was represented by their heir apparent, Orion Black, alongside his lady, Walburga Black. The couple was accompanied by their children, Sirius and Regulus Black. 

For all those who saw the handsome heir presumptive, it would seem that his heart is off the table. Young Sirius Black was caught with his longtime girlfriend, Lydia Potter. Black was caught kissing the bespectacled girl on the cheek , and Potter, in turn, was seen with her feet in his lap. The two make a gorgeous couple, and fellow schoolmates of theirs, who wished to remain anonymous, had this to say.

"Potter and Black are nearly inseparable," a recent graduate told one of our journalists, "never seen one without the other in all the years they were there."

"Potter and Black have been dating at least since third year," a fellow gryffindor student commented, "Potter is always in Black's dorm room."

"The two are remarkably fun," a 6th year student commented, "they love to cause chaos, and have such a cute relationship. They're completely in sync."

"Cute couple," another added, "just avoid Potter during her time of month if you want to avoid getting hexed. She's rather hex-happy then, and only Black can predict her. They're both very sweet though, and always look out for the younger years."

"Merlin's beard!" Sirius and Lydia shout, looking at each other in shock.

"I guess you really are stopping me from getting a date," Lydia told Sirius shocked, "guess I'll have to rectify that."

"I can't believe so many people actually believe that stuff," Euphemia shakes her head, "have they never seen a pair of close friends? I'm pretty sure that Frank wasn't harassed for his close relationship with Amara during his school years."

"I agree," Frank was in complete shock, "Mara and I had one or two people think we were dating, but nothing like this. Merlin's beard, it's bad!"

"No wonder Walburga's so mad," Sirius's face suddenly pales, "oh I am so in for it."