11

A week later, the office was a little quieter. Maybe because most people were in important meetings.

The silence surrounded me as I walked down the hallway with a bag of stuff he asked me to buy today. I hated running errands at lunchtime in Boston. I didn't knock, and when I opened the door, I wish that I had.

"I wish you could see your face right now"

"Fuck off"

"Language" Matt mumbled, sitting back in his chair and turning to his computer.

"It's hypocritical with how much you cuss"

"That's fair" he shrugged, typing and twisting the rings on his fingers.

"I thought you were at that big meeting with Jason"

I sat down on one of the black chairs, finally getting a break from carrying those heavy bags.

"Jason can handle it by himself, I didn't have to go"

"Matt!" He huffed and looked over at me.

"Do you have to shout, Y/N?"

"You're gonna get in trouble for not going! You know how Peter wouldn't shut up about how important these meetings are"

"What are you talking about? I don't see anyone in here for my head, do you?" He replied, looking between me and the computer. "I just finished a huge case and I'd like to relax"

"Peter isn't just going to get mad at you. He'll get mad at me too"

"Who's assistant are you again?" Matt asked, looking at me with those big blue eyes.

"Yours" I mumbled quietly and he nodded.

"That's what I thought. You're mine. Why don't you stop bothering me and get back to work?"

"Maybe you should too. And stop playing Clash Of Clans on your computer" I said under my breath, leaving his bag there. I keep trying and it gets me nowhere.

"What did you say to me?" He asked and I froze, swallowing the lump in my throat. I closed my eyes and cursed myself for how cocky I got.

"Look at me when I'm talking to you" I turned around and saw his eyes coming to life with anger. "I tell you what to do, it's not the other way around. You aren't in charge here"

"But Peter-"

"If he has a problem, he can take it up with me" he spat with wide eyes. "Get back to work and find me a case, a good one"

~

Once I think a find a good case, it's not that easy. It never is with him. When he didn't answer the phone or his emails, I stood up off my chair. I walked down the hallway again, knocked on the door and cleared my throat. "Mr Sturniolo?" I raised my voice and waited for a response that never came. I knocked again and nothing so I pulled down the handle of the door.

I really have the worst luck in all of Boston, or maybe all of the world.

I couldn't look away fast enough when I opened the door, seeing a brunette kissing Matt's neck. He had his arms around her, giving me a long enough glance to look and catch me standing there. I rushed back down the hallway and out of sight.

I go into the break room, not knowing where else to go to escape Matt. Just my luck to bump into someone. "Fuck I'm sorry" I gushed, looking around quick, before hands grab my arms and stop me.

"Calm down, you're okay" Luke mumbled, smiling at me. "What's the rush?"

"I just-I need to hide. Fuck"