43

Warnings: sensitive: hospital car, car accident, near death experience

Matt's POV
Today was like a dream, and I didn't know when I'd get used to it, or when I'd get used to all of this. I never want this dream to end, if it is one.

Speak of an angel, and there she is. The thought raced to my mind, pushing the others aside.

"I'm going to get going" she said, clasping her hands together after walking back into my office.

I smiled, admiring her and wishing I could spend the rest of my days memorising details of her. The birthmark under her eye that she doesn't cover up anymore, the sparkle in her eyes, her ring that I've never seen her without.

"Matt?" She repeated and I blinked, focusing on her. "Are you okay?"

"I'm great" I confessed, standing to my feet.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" She asked, blushing.

"I don't know" I laughed, shrugging my shoulders. "Just happy looking at you..you make me happy, Y/N"

She smiled widely again, and I knew I was fucked. She laughed and slipped her hand into mine.

"You make me happy too, Matt. Very happy" she said, looking up at me. "Today made me happy"

"Me too. I can't believe I get to do this every day..with you" I laugh, tugging on her hand until my arms were around her shoulders.

"Neither can I" a second of wetness tickled the skin, when my hand comes up to cup the back of her head, pressing a kiss below my thumb a minute later.

"Call me when you get home, will you? We should FaceTime and watch some TV, if you're not sick of me already"

"Never" she said, nudging my chin towards the sky when she lifted her head. I look down at her eyes searching for me. "I could never get sick of you"

"It's going to be a long time before I get sick of you" I mumbled against her cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere" she said, pulling my eyes down to her lips that I envelop with my own. The moment couldn't last long enough. I wish I could freeze it in time and enjoy it for longer.

"Drive safe" I whispered against her mouth.

"I will, don't worry. I'll call you when I get home. It shouldn't take fifteen minutes to get there"

"Okay, I'll talk to you then" I smiled, nudging her nose.

"Don't stay here too long, boss. You'll turn into a workaholic or something, Matt" She joked, her lips drawing me in.

"I'll try not to, that's all I can promise"

She laughed and surprised me with one more kiss, making me want to take back the words I just said, and spend more time kissing her.

"Bye, Matt" she echoed, squeezing my hand once more as she went out the door. Her eyes meet mine over her shoulder when she pulled my door closed.

It's never enough with her, but I get to do today with her all over again tomorrow. And the day after that. Stolen kisses, her head on my shoulder, her fingers along my tense shoulders, and the closeness between us I longed for us to have for so long.

One that I never want to lose.

~

I sent the very last email away. Finally, that was done. With it, I looked down at my watch that buzzed. I smiled, but then it faded when I saw the name.

"What's taking her so long?" I muttered, looking over Jason's text, some joke about firing me if I stay past five.

"Asshole" I shook my head, as the time repeats in my head.