20

Song: Warning Sign-Coldplay

Sunday came and went and before I knew it, it was Monday. I spent the next few days doing the tasks on the list. Lucky for me, he was absent for some reason, something about meetings. I tucked away the other night into the back of my mind, I couldn't care less about him coming back to work.

I coughed when dust flew at me from files I was holding. I shifted my legs on the rough carpet into my knees as I crawled behind my desk. I dropped the files into a drawer and attempted to shuffle them together into a stack.

Smack.

My shoulders jolt forward along with the rest of my body. "What the fuck-"

"Hey, do you have the Wood file for me? I need to uh, think about something else" A voice said from the other side of my desk. I wonder why.

"Scare me much?" I asked, stacking the files some more. I sighed, giving up and gathering all the files into my arms. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Do you have the file I want?" Matt spat at me. I stood up, looking at him. I found his hand resting on my desk, next to a cup of coffee. I was thankful I wasn't his food run bitch anymore.

"It's not done yet. I didn't think you'd be back..for a while. I'm working on finding it right now"

"Yeah, you look like you're trying really hard to find it" He tutted, nodding at my arms. "I sent you an email that I wanted it but this afternoon" He said, with eyes full of anger. Sometime I only used to see pointed at someone else. Not at me

"I didn't get an email saying that"

"Maybe you should be focusing on your job, which is finding a file for me, and not cleaning and organising" He said, smacking my desk and making me jump. Shaking his head, he turned to leave. "I want the file on my desk in an hour. Don't test me, Y/N" he finished.

Have I said I hate him yet?

~

"Here's your stupid file. I'm so sorry for the wait" I said, faking the sadness, dropping the file on to his desk loudly.

He sighed, but I don't stay to see it. I heard it as I made my way towards the door.

"You better watch how you speak to me, Y/N. I don't allow that shit around here, you should know that by now so don't bet on any more reminders" He snapped, making me stop in my tracks.

I kept going and put my hand on the handle, ready to open the door, when I heard him clear his throat. "Is that clear? I expect a 'yes, sir' from you now" he said and I hummed, in reply. "Y/N?" his voice was full of annoyance. Two can play at this game. As time went by, I was reminded of my job and what I have to do, to make him happy.

"Yes, sir" I said, opening the door and getting a smack into the face. Not literally. The sight in front of my eyes was just as bad.

"Oh, hey Chloe" Matt said, sweetness in his voice now. She walked past me, managing to hit her shoulder off mine. Yeah right, like that was an accident.

"Hey, babe" she cooed, making me roll my eyes. I stepped out of the room, away from their disgusting bubble, making sure to slam the door on the way out.

Making my way down the hall, my ears prickle with a voice .

"What's wrong? Is that assistant of yours being a fuck up again?" I heard her mutter

"Yeah, I don't know why I keep her around. She's more trouble than what she's worth" A hard sigh came from under his door. The walls around my heart felt like a sponge. Keeping some out, and letting others in.