Chapter 33

Lin Suici and lucky got along well, and even the smiles on their faces increased a lot.

The little guy is very active and likes to run around in the villa, jumping up and down, and even Lin Suici no longer stays in the room all day.

Lin Suici also lowered his guard against Pei Chuan a little. Pei Chuan is usually busy with work, and Lin Suici didn't spend much time with him. Apart from giving him medicine, the other party no longer showed any intimacy towards him.

On the weekend, Pei Chuan did not go to the company. His original itinerary was to go on a business trip to a neighboring province, but he postponed it.

As for the reason, it was probably because he wanted to get closer to Lin Suici. He can feel that the child is still somewhat afraid of him, separated by a distance.

He doesn't like this feeling.

When Pei Chuan knocked on the door and entered, a young man in loose home clothes was sitting on the carpet with a ball in his hand, playing with little lucky.

The little puppy was running happily on its short legs in the house.

Lin Suici's fair and beautiful face had a hint of a smile on it. After seeing Pei Chuan come in, he stood up and nodded politely to the man, and the smile on his face subconsciously subsided.

"You don't need to be so polite to me." Pei Chuan's calm tone seemed to be mixed with a hint of helplessness.

He was still holding an exquisite paper bag in his hand. Lin Suici watched him sit on the sofa, taking out the contents of the bag, which turned out to be desserts.

Lin Suici stood there in a daze until Pei Chuan asked him to wash his hands and come over to eat the cake.

When he came out after washing his hands, Pei Chuan had already taken out the exquisitely packed Black Forest cake, who then carefully took the small fork, and pushed the cake in front of him, "see if it's delicious."

This is something Pei Chuan specifically asked people to go out and buy. It is said to be from a famous dessert shop in A city. He remembers that children like sweet food.

The cake looks exquisite in shape and exudes a faint milky aroma, which is very tempting.

Lin Suici was embarrassed to refuse, so he took a small fork and tasted it.

Pei Chuan looked at him sideways, "Is it delicious?"

Lin Suici nodded, it was indeed delicious, it should be the best cake he has ever eaten.

Pei Chuan was not interested in desserts, he just sat by and watched him eat.

Lin Suici's eating posture was very gentle, with a small fork in his fair and slender hand, slowly sending it to his mouth. His eyelashes drooped like crow feathers, casting a faint shadow on his fair skin, and his side face looked clean with a cold and distant expression.

Suddenly, there was a bit of white cream on the corner of his mouth.

Almost without thinking, Pei Chuan raised his hand, and was about to wipe off the cream with his calloused fingertips, when Lin Suici suddenly turned his face away like a conditioned reflex, avoiding his touch.

Pei Chuan's hand paused in the air, and then he withdrew it as if nothing had happened. His thin lips parted slightly and he said: "I am Sorry."

Just when the atmosphere was a bit subtle, Pei Chuan's phone rang. He glanced at Lin Suici and then got up and walked outside.

The room became quiet again, Lin Suici put down the cake in his hand, his mind was full of the man's eyes just now, as if there was a slight sense of loss in the calm.

He raised his hand to touch the corner of his mouth, only to find that there was a little cream there.

There were slight ripples in his quiet and lifeless eyes, and Lin Suici suddenly felt a bit guilty.

He didn't have any appetite for the cake either. He sat on the sofa and thought about what happened just now. When he came back to his senses, he realized that Lucky had gone somewhere.

After searching around, he realized that the little guy was running around in the corridor outside.

Lin Suici quickly chased after him, and bent down to hug him in his arms. At this moment, a sound similar to a table or chair being knocked down, accompanied by screams, suddenly came from the opposite room.

Across from him is Pei Chuan's study room, the door is not tightly closed, revealing a crack in the door.

Lin Suici's footsteps paused, thinking that something might have happened to Pei Chuan. He involuntarily hugged the little dog and approached closer.

When he saw the scene in the crack of the door, his pupils instantly dilated.

The picture that can be seen through the crack of the door is limited, and only a strange man can be seen lying on the floor, with a foot in a leather shoe stepping on his head. The man was beaten black and blue, with a painful expression.

Pei Chuan was standing next to him, with a lit cigarette in his slender hand, looking down at the man on the ground.

Even his back reveals indifference.

Then he bent down on his knees and slowly pressed the cigarette in his hand against the back of the man's hand. The strength was not light, and there was a bit of ruthlessness in his gentle movements.

Pei Chuan's thin lips opened and closed, and he said: "Pei Xingde asked you to come?"

The man's painful groan reached Lin Suici's ears through the open door, causing his heart to skip half a beat.

Lin Suici's face turned pale, and he subconsciously took half a step back, his grip on lucky also increased.

At this moment, lucky in his arms struggled restlessly, and even called out twice.

The scream alarmed the people inside, and Pei Chuan looked back.

The man's gaze passed through the narrow crack of the door and landed on Lin Suici. A deep indifference that had not yet faded appeared in his calm eyes, fierce and sinister, like a sharp blade shining with cold light, making people shudder.

Lin Suici's breathing stagnated, and he felt like he couldn't breathe.

Lucky took this opportunity to break free from his embrace, lightly jumped to the ground, and happily ran to the other side of the corridor.

Lin Suici also shifted his gaze and turned around in a hurry to chase after lucky.

Pei Chuan stood still, silently looking in the direction outside the crack of the door, until the bodyguard next to him called him twice, "Master Pei, what's wrong with you?"

"It's nothing." Pei Chuan restrained his expression, and glanced down at the person on the ground with his bottomless eyes.

"Keep a close eye on people."

After speaking, he stepped forward and walked outside.

Lin Sui chased lucky downstairs, his mind was full of the picture he had just seen, the eyes that resembled a beast lurking in the dark, as if it was about to pounce on him and bite his throat in the next second.

"I said Brother Jingyan, if you want to come in, just tell me directly, why are you climbing the wall, don't break your waist."

"Shut up." Jiang Jingyan glanced at Peacock next to him with a complex expression, and looked around the huge villa, "Do you know where my brother is?"

Pei Yu raised the corners of his lips and chuckled, "Isn't your little green tea brother at Jiang's house?"

Jiang Jingyan: "You know who I'm talking about."

As soon as the voice fell, a puppy suddenly ran down the stairs.

"Hey, isn't this my eldest grandson?" Pei Yu bent down and hugged the puppy into his arms, when footsteps came from upstairs again.

Jiang Jingyan followed the sound, and his pupils trembled slightly after seeing the familiar figure, "Suici?!"