21 | Are Werewolves Still People?

Throughout a majority of my classes, my mind couldn't forget my findings.

The Black family was known for being in Slytherin. The entirety of Draco's family was sorted into Slytherin, both is mum's side and his dad's. I had no idea that there was an exception.

I almost thought about it all day.

However, in the Defence Against the Dark Arts, you kind of have to focus.

I stared at the locked closet that didn't cease to rattle and shake as whatever was within it tried to get out.

The class flinched at every thrash it made as Professor Lupin calmly made his way past the wardrobe.

After a quite irritating class of Potions, with Draco moaning and groaning about a certainly okay arm, I didn't know if I really wanted to face whatever Professor Lupin wanted us to go against for first Defence Against the Dark Arts class of the year.

Perhaps I'd throw it at Draco and give him something real to complain about.

I was sure that he could tell that I was annoyed with him as his gaze kept unsurely flickering in my direction. He did that when I first chucked a Quaffle in his direction when I watched him play Quidditch with some other kids at a park. He says it's a look in my eye, but isn't it always?

Professor Lupin calmly walked passed the shaking wardrobe. He fashioned many scars and shabby robes that made him seem either really laid back or homeless - I'm leaning towards the latter, unfortunately.

"Intriguing, isn't it?" he said. "Would anyone like to venture a guess as to what is inside?"

"That's a Boggart, that is," Dean Thomas answered.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now can anyone tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

"Nobody knows." Hermione suddenly appeared, giving me a start. She was definitely not next to me a moment ago. "Boggarts are shapeshifters. They take shape of whatever the person fears the most. That's what makes them so-"

"So terrifying, yes." Professor Lupin sauntered towards the closet. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to expel a Boggart. Let's practice it now - without wands, please. Riddikulus."

"Riddikulus!"

"This class is ridiculous," Draco muttered instead of the charm.

We had never actually defended ourselves against anything in class. It was all theoretical situations, somewhat possible ones.

Was Professor Lupin about to make us go against the Boggart?

"Neville, will you join me please?"

Eyes went to the notoriously poor performance boy and I gently nudged him forward. "You've got this," I whispered.

Neville looked at Professor Lupin with big, nervous eyes.

"Neville, what frightens you most of all?" Lupin asked.

"P-Professor Snape," he stuttered, earning laughter from the class, including a soft chuckle from Professor Lupin. "Yes, he frightens all... And I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Yeah, but I don't want that Boggart to turn into her either!"

Professor Lupin shook his head. "No, it won't turn to her. Now, I want you to picture her clothes, and only her clothes, very clearly in your mind. When I open the wardrobe, here's what I want you to do."

He got close to Neville's ear and whispered something to him, making Neville give him an unsure look.

Once he opened the closet, Snape emerged, eying each student with the same disdain he always would.