48 | The Yule Ball

"Where's my other shoe?!"

"There is a rip in my dress!"

"I can't find my necklace!"

I helped zip up Morag's dress, which was a beautiful dark red with a skirt that went up to her ankles. "Sue, your shoe is under Mandy's bed; Mandy, pass me your dress, I'll mend it; Padma, you put it in your purse."

"Where's your dress, Y/N?" Sue asked as she reached under the bed for her glittering silver shoe. She fashioned a traditional shiny dark blue cheongsam dress with floral decorations climbing up her bodice. She was adamant on not wearing the traditional shoes, however.

"I'll change when you guys aren't running around in a panic," I said.

Padma raised the necklace once she found it in her bag. "Y/N, could you held me put this on?"

"Sure."

Padma wore a long turquoise saree, which was incredibly soft but I didn't say anything so I'd continue to have an excuse to "accidentally" graze her. Her earrings were gold and dangling near her shoulder, which framed her face really nicely.

"Y/N, my dress!" Mandy cried.

Once I clasped Padma's necklace, I took Mandy's dress in my lap. It was navy blue and only went over one shoulder. "It's small, it's only take- Ah, I'm done."

"Lifesaver!"

"I know - Lisa, your hairpin's crooked."

"Could you fix it, please?"

"Sure."

Lisa wore a purple tulle dress that swayed just past her knees - Dean would love it, I was sure.

"You coming, Y/N?" Morag asked, throwing on a white cardigan that went over the top half of her torso.

"Just wait for me at the entrance hall."

They left and I sighed, sitting down on my bed and staring at the mirror as I undressed, revealing the ugly scars that were on my calves that greatly resembled claw marks.

I reached into my trunk and pulled out a long silver dress that would cover them.

I placed it in front of me, smiled softly, and put it on.

•••

I peeked around the corner, seeing many people sporting exquisite outfits for the night.

I spotted Neville, who wore robes much like Cedric's, but strangely, he seemed to wear them much better. He was chatting with Dean, Seamus, Lavender, and Lisa, none of them noticing my head poking from around the corner.

My heart began thumping so loudly that it began muffling my thoughts and I took a deep breath, praying that I didn't forget to put on (or take off) anything.

As I stepped out, many heads turned, some being the ones that had asked me to the dance (I'm just that hot, I know).

Lavender squealed and tapped Neville, pointing at me.

Mandy and Morag, whose dates were apparently friends, noticed and pointed me out to their Durmstrang partners, who nodded to whatever they were whispering.

Lisa held up a subtle thumbs up and whispered something to Dean, which made him look.

Cho smiled and elbowed Cedric so he would look as well. His lips spread into a wide grin and I waved, my face suddenly turning really hot as eyes in the entrance hall seemed to stare.

Neville's mouth hung open, rather unflatteringly, and I got to the bottom step, gazing at him with a small smile. I wished I knew what was happening in his head.