Chapter 21

But this was no time to worry about survival but instead to fight for our survival. All of us were unprepared. We weren't ready to head out just yet.

Beomgyu tried to block them out with the help of his baseball bat but the zombies were much stronger than that. Taehyun stepped infront of me, acting as a shield for me.

"We've gotta go out." Taehyun muttered to all of us. Yeonjun bravely stepped forward to help out Taehyun and Beomgyu. Yeonjun grabbed a desk and tried to push out the zombies.

The zombies that were against Taehyun and Beomgyu were being backed away too. So, Taehyun and Beomgyu threw off their weapons and helped Yeonjun out with the desk.

I rushed to grab the weapons from the floor as the guys were stepping forward, using all their might to push the zombies. Hueningkai picked up the rest of the weapons that were left.

By the time the guys had managed to push off the zombies completely, they had already stepped out of the doorframe. They blew a final push to the zombies and threw them into the corridor towards the left as we were ought to head to the left.

I , with the help of Hueningkai threw the weapons to the others, saving one each for ourselves too. With Yeonjun in the lead, slashing off zombies, we were headed to the right, to the library. Somehow, I ended up at the end of the line.

The guys were also fighting the zombies that gaped from the classrooms in the hallway. I only focused on running forwards as the zombies weren't able to run past the desks much easily.

But I was suddenly dragged back. Something had caught a grip of my hair and pulled my hair to stop my steps. "Where do you think you're going?" I could hear Yuna's scornful voice.

"What the fuck, Yuna, let me go!!" I tried to get myself free from her grip but she just tightened it. She then let out a sneer. "You were the one because of whom I was kicked out of the friend group, you deserve to be eaten alive."

Oh gosh, not now with this stupid comments of this bitch. I glanced forward to seek help from the guys but they were too far to be able to hear my voice over these screeches of the zombies.

They weren't that far but a scream would surely bring more zombies to us. I shifted my attention to Yuna who was not willing to let me go alive. "Yuna! Please!" I cried out.

I could hear shuffling of desks. Yuna was kicking the desks away. She wasn't much strong, so, it needed a good amount of time to do it.

That's it. This is my end. The guys were busy at a distance, none glancing back. The zombies will now probably eat me. This wench is not willing to let me live in peace even till the end. I shut my eyes close, tight, accepting my death. I could sense the pleasurable smirk pasted on Yuna's face right now.

But suddenly I couldn't feel that pull of my hair anymore. It was as if my hair was free from the grip. I slowly opened one eye, followed by the other to get aware of the situation.

I witnessed Taehyun standing right infront of me. He held a saw in a way that it indicated that he had used it. But it had no spots of blood. Just then something tingled my neck.

He couldn't have killed me, could he? I touched my neck to find the cause of the tingling sensation but I found nothing, nothing but the ends of my hair. Eh? What could it be, then? I couldn't have just felt nothing.

Wait---- THE ENDS OF MY HAIR?!

I touched my hair and realised that my hair wasn't there anymore. I understood that my hair was now cut up to a Bob cut length. I mean it does hurt to see that my precious long (not really) hair is on the floor right now, but I shouldn't care about it, right? He probably did what he was supposed to. Calm down, Y/n.

"Sorry but it was easier." He muttered to me. Yeah, it's okay, calm down, calm down, Y/n. It's not a big deal infront of survival. I chanted in my head.

Taehyun then focused on Yuna who was probably glaring intensely at him. "Don't turn around." Taehyun ordered as he reached for something from his little bag tied on his hip. He pulled out a hammer and before I could think of anything else, he threw the hammer behind me.

At Yuna...

He didn't just... I did what I was told not to. I looked over my shoulder just to witness that the pointed side of the hammer had dug a hole into Yuna's forehead and got stuck up there.

This horrifying scene made me let out a gasp. I quickly covered my mouth with my hands. Blood started spilling out of the wound and her eyes froze, widened.

It was not after long that Yuna's body had given up completely and landed on the ground with a loud thud. I continued to watch. It was as if my senses weren't working anymore. As if I hadn't realised that I should actually get going.

He... He killed her....

I wouldn't say she didn't deserve it. But, it was still unreal to me that I witnessed the murder of my 'bestfriend' by my another friend/ex/whatever it is.

I was suddenly made to come back to reality as Taehyun pulled me away from the body by pulling my arm. "I told you not to turn around." He scolded. I was sure that my eyes contained extreme shock when I looked back at Taehyun.

"Now, go." Taehyun threw me to the other side of the corridor, towards the direction that we were ought to go. He also gave me a little push from behind, reminding me about the situation.

Yes, survival.

I took in a breath before darting off to the direction while closely followed by Taehyun who was jerking off the zombies from behind.

But, will we reach the library without anymore chaos?