Chapter One

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, in her room, Trinity Mikaelson is sitting at her desk table, playing a computer game on her computer.

Luna Mikaelson walks inside with a cakesicle, eating it. She sits down on her little sister's bed.

"Hey, Squirt. What are you up to?" Luna asked her little sister, Trinity.

"A computer game." Trinity replied. "What about you? What are you up to?"

"Snacking on a cakesicle." Luna said, taking another bite out of her milk chocolate cakesicle.

Luna and Trinity exchange looks at each other. Luna looks at a picture frame of their Mom and Dad, Klaus and Christy, and themselves, small smiles at the wedding.

"I miss Mom too." Luna said.

"Yeah, it's been many weeks." Trinity said.

"Mom's coming back, Trinity. She always does." Luna reassured her little sister.

Luna and Trinity exchange small smiles at each other.

"How about cheese fries?" Luna asked, eating the rest of her cakesicle.

"You just ate a cakesicle, how are you gonna snack on cheese fries?" Trinity asked.

"What are you trying to say, Trinity?" Luna asked.

"I'm saying that you ate a cakesicle, the cheese fries aren't gonna taste quite good." Trinity told her.

"My tastebuds will be fine." Luna said.

Luna and Trinity both gets up and walks away, walking out of Trinity's room.

⚜️⚜️

ST. JAMES INFIRMARY

Later on that day, Ana has brought Elijah to the jazz club. A small band is playing on the stage. People are enjoying themselves sitting at tables with their food and drinks.

"Is this really necessary, Aiyana? Bringing me here to do what exactly?" Elijah asked.

"To relax and have some fun." Ana replied, and looks at Elijah's casual clothes. "You look handsome without your usual suit."

Elijah sighs to himself, understanding what Ana is trying to get him to do. "Aiyana? You don't have to do this."

"I want to." Ana said, slowly walks up to him. "Sometimes, you have to relax yourself. We can get a drink and slow dance. And then, we go home, okay?"

Elijah and Ana exchange looks at each other.

"Alright, then." Elijah said.

Ana small smiles to herself.

⚜️⚜️

FRENCH QUARTER

Klaus is taking a stroll around, walking by some people on the sidewalk. He then, stops walking upon seeing his ex-girlfriend, Genevieve, across the road.

Klaus and Genevieve exchange tense looks at each other. A carriage trots by and Genevieve is gone.

Klaus continues walking on the sidewalk, but stops upon looking at Genevieve, who's standing beside him on the sidewalk.

"Genevieve." Klaus said.

"Hi, Klaus. It's good to see you again after all these years." Genevieve said.