Chapter Twenty-Three

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, Ana is with Klaus in the courtyard. She has told him everything that she and Christy talked about.

"So, you're saying that Christy is trapped in a Sphinx building out in the open desert by herself?" Klaus said, bitterly.

"The door was closing. Christy and I both would've been trapped if she hadn't gotten me out." Ana told Klaus.

"Is there a way out of the Sphinx?" Klaus asked, folding his arms.

"Christy and I don't know. She and I just found it yesterday evening. Christy had glimpses of the Sphinx and the ancient tablet." Ana told Klaus.

Klaus's phone buzzes in his jeans pocket. He pulls out his phone and looks at it.

Video Chat: Christy

Klaus answers the video chat and Christy pops up on the phone screen.

"Klaus?" Christy said video chat.

"Christiana? Are you alright?" Klaus asked, worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. There's barely a phone signal around here." Christy told him. "Where's Ana?"

"I'm right here, Christy." Ana told her.

"Klaus? Ana? I need you guys to do a small favor. I need you guys to solve the cuneiform riddle on the ancient tablet." Christy told them on the video chat.

"Alright. Just stay on the video chat." Ana said.

⚜️⚜️

In the study, Klaus and Ana are sitting on the sofa with Christy's iBook g3 laptop on the coffee table.

"Okay, Christy downloaded a cuneiform translator." Klaus said, and types the cuneiform on the translator.

" 'What is always old and sometimes new; never sad, sometimes blue; never empty, but sometimes full; never pushes, always pulls?' " Ana read the cuneiform translator. And looks at Klaus's video chat. "Christy?"

"I'm here." Christy said on the video chat.

"The answer to the riddle is "Moon". Klaus said.

The cuneiform symbols on the ancient tablet glows orange.

"Umm, Christy, the cuneiform symbols is glowing." Klaus said.

"The cuneiform riddle's answer is correct." Christy said on the video chat.

"What do we do with the ancient tablet, Chris?" Klaus asked.

"Bring it here and place it on the door." Christy said on the video chat. And Klaus's phone statics. "Klaus? Can you... can you hear me?"

"Christy? We're losing you." Klaus said on the video chat.

"My phone sigil is weak. I have to save my battery." Christy said on the video chat.

"We're coming." Klaus said, and hangs up his phone.

⚜️⚜️