Ch.4.3 (2/3) Commitment

Commitment
Ch.4.3
(2/3)

Nathan's pov

It still feels surreal that I'm dating Theo for real. I've been kind of secretly hoping this would happen.

When he told me he was expecting two, I knew I had to tell him at that moment that I wanted to try to make it work between us from now on.

I mean it's been a few weeks and I've grown to like this idea. Seriously it feels like my feelings are even more intense every time I see him. How is that possible? Through, I've always had a thing for him ever since I've known him.

It was a true shock when I learned about what had been going on in Theo's life since I left. I seriously feel guilty for leaving him...but I was so immature back then that I don't think I would have even considered that choice.

I wasn't ready to have anything serious in my life. I was still a hormonal 17-year-old teenager. What can I say more than that?

I was thinking about making things serious for a while now. Sure there hasn't been anything going on between us since that drunk accident but still I couldn't help but want to be with him.

I've matured a lot in the last few years. Sure I still have a little bit in me that looks similar to when I was younger but I've matured quite a bit.

I mean if trying to make this work isn't living proof of that then I don't know what it is.

Today is an important day, I get to meet for the first time the daughter that I haven't been a part of her life at all.

I don't know what I expect out of this but I know that I'd like for us to get along. I know that I want to make an effort in trying to build something with her.

I don't know what it feels like to be a father but I guess I'll learn beginning from today. Even if the unknown scares me I can't help but dive right in.

After all, it seems like Theo is expecting so...I'll become a father again in about 9 months from here.

Now that I think about it why don't we ever use condoms? Next time I'll use one. About that, even if he's a guy, I believe him when he says he's pregnant because of that day.

I still can't forget about the day Moonlight was born. I didn't really fully grasp that was real but when I saw him on my front porch in that condition I knew that it was all real. I'll never forget that day.

Anyway, I'm almost at Theo's apartment. It's already 2 o'clock so I hope he won't scold me for that.

I finally arrive and knock on his door. He opens the door.

"Hey"

"Hey come in, she's already waiting for you excitedly in the living room. I told her to wait there."

"Oh ok, nice apartment."

"Thanks" I get rid of my shoes and my little coat.

"Ok, where is she exactly?"

"Follow me."

I follow him. We walk a few steps until we see the full living room.

There I see a girl with short brown hair impatiently waiting for me.

"So you're the girl that has requested to see me today?"

She looks up at me in surprise. She scans my entire face and then she scans the rest of my body.

"Are you really my dad?"

"Yes"

"Yeah!!! I've been dying to finally meet you!"