Chapter 5 - The Vase

As the first rays of sunlight spilled through the curtains, you rose from your makeshift bed on the living room floor, muscles aching slightly from the unfamiliar softness of the modern world. Your eyes scanned the room, noting the quietness of the early morning.

With a deep breath, you stood, folding your bedding before tucking it neatly away. Today marked a new day.

Chapter 5 - The Vase

The sounds of stirring came from the bedrooms as you made your way to the kitchen. You had learned the basic functions of the kitchen devices, though you still moved with cautious uncertainty.

One by one, the members emerged from their rooms, their expressions a mix of sleepiness and warmth as they greeted you. "Good morning, (Y/N)," they chimed, voices softly in the morning stillness.

You responded in kind, a slight smile playing on your lips. "Good morning."

Ningning was the last to appear, her eyes slightly red as if she had been awake for a while. "Morning, (Y/N)," she greeted, her voice softer than the rest.

"Good morning, Ningning," you replied, your gaze lingering on her for a moment longer, noting the subtle changes in her demeanor.

As the members gathered around the table for breakfast, Ningning made her way to sit next to you, her movements slightly hesitant. She seemed to be gravitating towards you, a silent request for comfort hanging in the air between you two.

The other members exchanged glances, the change in Ningning's behavior not lost on them. Karina raised an eyebrow, a silent question directed at you, but you only offered a small shrug in response.

Giselle and Winter shared a look, a silent conversation passing between them. Something had changed between you and Ningning, that much was clear.

Breakfast passed with light conversation, the members sharing stories and laughter.

As you all stood to clear the table, Ningning stayed close to you, her actions more clingy than usual. She seemed to be seeking reassurance, a silent plea for you to stay by her side.

And without a word, you understood. You offered her a small smile, a silent promise that you were there for her, no matter what.

It seems like the events from yesterday were still very much affecting her.

The members noticed, their eyes softening as they witnessed the bond between you and Ningning growing stronger. They were preparing, for they had a photo shoot later that day.

As the day unfolds, you find the atmosphere within the dorm becoming lighter and more relaxed. You notice a subtle shift in dynamics, with the members interacting with you more naturally, more like a family. Ningning, in particular, sticks close to you, her previous clinginess transforming into a silent bond that speaks volumes about her trust in you.

When the time for the photo shoot arrives, you watch, fascinated, as the members transform before your eyes. Their casual clothes are replaced by carefully chosen outfits, and their makeup and hair are styled to perfection. You marvel at their professionalism, their ability to shift into their idol personas. Yet, beneath it all, you still catch glimpses of their true selves, their genuine personalities.

As you all leave for the photo shoot, you walk beside them, your eyes constantly scanning your surroundings, alert for any potential threats. You feel the weight of your responsibility, especially after what happened yesterday.

The photo shoot proceeds smoothly, with the members posing effortlessly under the flashing lights. You stay in the shadows, your senses on high alert, ready to act at any sign of danger.