Chapter 23 - Cockblocker Minhyuk

The next morning, the atmosphere at breakfast is quiet. The events of the previous night weigh heavily on everyone, particularly as they notice you wincing slightly in pain every now and then.

You sit quietly, picking at your food, the discomfort in your abdomen making it hard to focus on eating. Every movement reminds you of the wound inflicted by Father Joseph's Qi spear.

Karina watches you with a concerned look from across the table. The worry in her eyes is clear, and she seems to be contemplating something. After a moment of hesitation, she speaks up.

"(Y/N)," Karina begins, "after breakfast, I should take a look at your wound. Maybe I can help nurse it."

Her offer hangs in the air, and all eyes turn towards you. Karina's concern is shared by the others.

You look up at Karina. Despite your usual reluctance to show vulnerability, you know that refusing her help would only cause more worry for them.

"Thank you, Jimin," you reply, managing a small smile despite the pain. "that would be nice."

Giselle gives a small nod of approval, her expression softening. Winter and Ningning exchange glances, their faces reflecting relief that you're accepting help. The mood lightens slightly.

Once breakfast is over, you all stand up, and Karina gently guides you to her hotel room.

Karina and you enter her hotel room. The morning light filters through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room. She motions for you to sit on the edge of her bed.

You comply, taking a seat on the soft bed, watching as Karina retrieves a first aid kit from her suitcase. She sets it down beside you, her fingers unzipping it to reveal the contents of the first aid kit.

There's a brief moment of silence as Karina gathers the necessary supplies. She then turns to face you, a hint of shyness flickering across her features.

"(Y/N), I need you to take off your shirt," she says softly, her voice laced with slight nervousness. "It's... for me to properly see and treat the wound."

You nod in understanding. You carefully remove your shirt, exposing the bandaged wound on your abdomen. The movement causes a twinge of pain.

Karina's eyes are immediately drawn to the bandage, her expression turning serious as she evaluates the injury. She gently peels back the dressing, her touch light but assured. The wound, though no longer life-threatening thanks to your own healing abilities, still looks raw and painful.

Karina's brows furrow in concentration as she cleans the wound with care, applying antiseptic with a gentle touch. "This might sting a bit," she warns you, as she tends to the injury.

You brace yourself for the discomfort, but Karina's careful handling minimizes the pain.

Once the wound is clean and treated, Karina starts to re-bandage it, ensuring that it's secure and comfortable.

After finishing with the bandaging, Karina pauses for a moment, her hand inadvertently resting on your chest.

She looks up at you, her eyes meeting yours, and a faint blush colors her cheeks. With a slight sense of awe in her voice, she makes a quiet comment, almost to herself. "Your body... it feels like iron," she says softly, her tone a mix of admiration and wonder.

There's a certain vulnerability in her words, almost as if she didn't intend to say that.

You can feel the warmth of her hand through the skin of your chest, a gentle but firm pressure.

"Jimin," you start, your voice low but clear. There's a lot you want to say, emotions that have been building up, but you find yourself momentarily at a loss for words.