Chapter 19 - Boom Boom Japan

The morning air buzzes with anticipation as you and the members of Aespa, along with Minhyuk, prepare for the journey to the airport. The early sun casts a gentle glow over the dormitory, signaling the start of a new day and a new adventure.

Karina is meticulously checking her bags, a frown of concentration on her face. "Has anyone seen my earphones?" she asks, her voice tinged with mild panic as she searches through her carry-on. Giselle, already comfortably seated and absorbed in her phone, holds them up with a teasing smile. "You mean these?"

Ningning, clutching a small plush toy, looks around with wide, anxious eyes. "I can't believe we're actually doing this," she whispers, more to herself than to anyone else. Winter loops her arm through Ningning's, her enthusiasm infectious. "Just think of all the places we'll see and the fans we'll meet!"

Standing slightly apart, you and Minhyuk survey the scene. In your role as bodyguard, your eyes constantly scan the surroundings, always alert for any potential threats. "Stay close to me at the airport," you remind the group firmly. "It's going to be crowded and we can't afford any mix-ups."

Minhyuk, carrying some last-minute paperwork, nods in agreement.

The group's manager, Mr. Lee, arrives. His words are full of encouragement and pride. "Ready to go? You're going to be amazing," he says.

As you all load into the vehicles, a small crowd of fans gathered to see you off waves and shout words of encouragement. The members wave back, their faces a mix of excitement and gratitude, while your gaze remains vigilant.

The drive to the airport is filled with a blend of chatter and contemplation. The familiar sights of Seoul pass by the windows, a reminder of what you're leaving behind in pursuit of something greater.

Arriving at the airport, the scene is chaotic with fans and paparazzi. You and Minhyuk move efficiently, forming a protective barrier around Aespa as they navigate through the crowd.

Check-in and security are smooth, and soon you're all waiting at the gate. The reality of the journey ahead begins to set in. This isn't just a departure from Seoul. It's the start of a new chapter.

As the boarding call is announced, everyone gathers their belongings.

You take one last surveying glance around before following the group. As you all walk down the jetway, the first rays of the morning sun break through the clouds, bathing your path.

As the aircraft hummed with the anticipation of the journey ahead, you found yourself seated next to Giselle. The close quarters of the airplane cabin created an intimate atmosphere, and Giselle seemed to revel in the proximity. There was a noticeable shift in her demeanor. While she retained her characteristic flirting, there was now a layer of affection and warmth in her interactions with you.

"So, we're finally on our way," Giselle began her voice a soft murmur just for you. She leaned slightly towards you, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this."

You nodded. "It's going to be an interesting tour,"

Giselle's smile grew wider, and she playfully nudged your shoulder. "Especially Japan, you know. I can't wait to show you a part of my culture. It's going to be so much fun seeing it through your eyes."

The mention of her culture brought a more thoughtful expression to your face. "I'm looking forward to it," you admitted. "Understanding more about where you come from...it matters."

Giselle's expression softened, her usual teasing tone giving way to something more sincere. "That means a lot to me," she said quietly. "There's so much I want to share with you. The food, the places, my favorite childhood memories..."