Chapter 18 - Unkown Ally

You and Minhyuk stepped out of the bar into the cool night air, the quiet streets of Seoul bathed in the soft glow of streetlights. You were discussing the upcoming tour.

As you turned down a less crowded street, a shadow detached itself from the darkness. A figure emerged, tall and imposing, with an air of confidence. You and Minhyuk halted, your instincts kicking in as you faced the unknown man.

Before either of you could utter a word, the stranger launched into action. His movements were a blur, a fluid dance of aggression and skill that caught you and Minhyuk off guard.

You reacted first, parrying his swift strikes with equal speed. Minhyuk joined in, trying to flank the assailant, but he was remarkably agile, his movements unpredictable and wild. He fought with a carefree grin as if enjoying every moment of the encounter.

The clash was a whirlwind of motion, the stranger's attacks unrelenting. Yet, despite his recklessness, there was a method to his madness. His strikes were calculated, his defenses solid. He managed to keep up with both you and Minhyuk simultaneously, a feat that spoke volumes of his fighting skill.

Just as the fight seemed to escalate, the stranger suddenly stepped back, his hands raised in a gesture of peace. The abruptness of his action left you both momentarily stunned.

"Thanks for the good fight," he said, his voice light, almost amused. His eyes glinted in the dim light, a hint of wildness in their depths.

You and Minhyuk exchanged a glance, both of you catching your breath, your minds racing with questions. Who was this person who could match both of your skills so effortlessly?

"Who are you?" you asked, your stance still guarded.

Chapter 18 - Unkown Ally

"Guess I owe you an introduction," he said, his voice smooth and confident. "My name is Elijah Monroe."

The name meant nothing to you, but his next revelation sent a jolt through both you and Minhyuk.

"I'm a member of the Cult of the Great God," Elijah continued, observing your reactions closely.

Instantly, you and Minhyuk tensed your guards up.

"But," Elijah quickly added, "I assure you, I'm not like those other lunatics. We might even share a common goal."

Minhyuk's eyes narrowed in suspicion. "And why should we trust a member of the Cult?" he challenged.

Elijah's smile didn't falter. "Because I can offer you something valuable. Insider information. Details about the Cult that only someone on the inside would know."

You studied Elijah, trying to gauge his sincerity. "What exactly is your goal?" you asked.

"I want to get rid of the Cult's Bishops," Elijah replied, his tone casual, as if discussing something as mundane as the weather. "They're one of the most high-ranking members, the pillars holding up the organization. Surely this aligns with your goals as well."

"And why do you want to do that?" Minhyuk pressed, his skepticism evident.

Elijah's expression turned enigmatic, a hint of a shrug in his posture. "I don't want to say. The 'why' isn't important. What matters is that our interests align."

You and Minhyuk exchanged a glance. Elijah's proposition was risky. Trusting someone from the Cult was a gamble. Yet, his offer of insider knowledge was tempting. It could be the edge you needed to dismantle the Cult more effectively.

Elijah seemed to sense the hesitation. "Think about it," he said, stepping back. "I'll be in touch."

Just as Elijah began to blend back into the darkness of the night, you called out to him, driven by a pressing question that lingered in your mind.