Chapter 6 - Trust

Underneath the vast, sweeping eaves of the temple's main hall, the air was thick with tension and anticipation. The practitioners, adorned in their simple yet elegant robes, sat in a semi-circle around you, their eyes fixed on you, some with suspicion and others with a reluctant curiosity. The temple leader, an elderly man with a calm yet piercing gaze, gestured for you to speak.

You took a deep breath, feeling the weight of your past and the uncertainty of your future bearing down on you. You met the eyes of the temple leader and began your story, your voice steady but laced with the pain of remembrance.

"My name is (Y/N) Silva."

Chapter 6 - Trust

"I was born in another world. A place called the Moon Empire," you started, your eyes distant as you recounted your past. "My life... it was filled with violence and revenge. And when I had achieved what I thought was justice, it led to my demise. I was eventually killed."

The practitioners listened in silence, their faces stoic yet their eyes betraying their intrigue.

"I was cast into hell, where I burned for 40 years. The flames took away everything I once was, turning me into a demon, void of humanity." Your voice quivered, the memories of hell's agony flickering in your mind. "It was there that I was found by The First Demon, a powerful entity who pulled me out of the abyss."

You paused, your eyes now filled with a haunted clarity. "I became the Heavenly Slaughter Demon. I continued my rampage, blind to the destruction I caused. Until my final breath, and then... rebirth."

The hall was silent, the air heavy with the weight of your words. The practitioners exchanged glances, their expressions unreadable. The temple leader, however, remained calm, his eyes reflecting a depth of understanding and wisdom.

You looked up, your eyes meeting the leaders once again. "I am here not to cause harm, but to understand. I seek guidance and knowledge."

The practitioners exchanged quick, hushed words among themselves, their faces reflecting a mix of emotions, from skepticism to consideration. The temple, filled with whispers, seemed to buzz with an energy of deliberation.

Finally, the temple leader raised his hand, signaling for silence. The room fell quiet, all eyes turning back to him. He looked at you, his gaze steady and firm.

"We have heard your story, and we understand the burdens you carry," the leader began, his voice echoing in the silent hall. "Trust is something that is earned, not given freely, especially to one with such a... complicated past."

You nodded, accepting the truth in the leader's words. You were ready to prove yourself, to show that you were no longer the demon you once were.

The leader continued, "We are willing to give you a chance, an opportunity to prove your sincerity and your commitment to change. There are tasks and missions that we ask of you. Complete these, and you will have taken the first steps in earning our trust."

"I will do whatever it takes," you responded, your voice resolute. "I am grateful for this chance and I will not waste it."

The leader nodded a hint of approval in his eyes. "Very well. We will prepare the list of tasks and inform you of what needs to be done. Remember, your actions will speak louder than your words. Show us through your deeds that you are truly seeking change."

The leader, his expression now more serious and contemplative, gestured for you to remain seated as the rest of the practitioners dispersed. He took a deep breath before beginning to explain the intricate dynamics of Qi in the modern world.

"In this era, the world of Qi is divided into two main factions," the leader started, his eyes locked onto yours. "There are the Buddhists, like us, who reside in temples and then there is the Church, a different institution with their own beliefs and practices concerning Qi."