Chapter 25 - The Master of My Mind

In the breakfast hall, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and warm pastries fills the air. You sit among the members of Aespa, your mind wandering somewhere else thinking about all the things that have happened so far.

Giselle, noticing your distant gaze, sees an opportunity for a playful tease. She rises from her chair, a mischievous glint in her eyes, and saunters over to you.

You barely register her presence until you feel a gentle, unexpected nibble on your ear. Startled, you flinch, turning to face her, your eyes wide with surprise.

Giselle leans back, laughing lightly at your reaction. "You're so cute when you're spaced out, (Y/N)," she says, her voice laced with playful affection.

The moment doesn't go unnoticed. Karina, who has been observing the exchange, feels a pang of jealousy at Giselle's action. She clears her throat, trying to mask her discomfort. "Aeri, don't you think you're getting a bit too close for comfort?" she asks, her tone carrying a hint of irritation.

Giselle turns to Karina, her smile widening as she picks up on Karina's jealous undertone. "Oh, Jimin, are you jealous?" she teases, her eyes sparkling with amusement.

Karina's face flushes a deeper shade of red, and she stammers, caught off guard by Giselle's directness. "I-I'm not... I mean, it's just...," she fumbles with her words, struggling to regain her composure.

Ningning tries to suppress a giggle, while Winter watches with a bemused expression. Minhyuk, sensing the tension, decides it's best to stay out of the conversation.

You can't help but smile at the scene unfolding before you.

Giselle, noticing the growing tension, decides to defuse the situation.

"Jimin, I'm just joking," Giselle says, her voice softening, a smile still playing on her lips.

Karina, still visibly flustered, attempts to regain her composure. She offers a small, tentative smile in response, but the blush on her cheeks remains. She withdraws her hand, places it in her lap, and casts her gaze down, avoiding direct eye contact. She continues to do so for the rest of the breakfast.

-----

In the bustling atmosphere of the hotel suite, the members are scattered around, each busy with their own preparations for the day ahead. Amidst the activity, Winter's gaze finds you and she gives you a subtle nod, a silent request for a private moment.

You follow Winter as she leads you away from the group, finding a quiet corner in one of the less frequented areas of the hotel. The noise of the others fades into a distant hum, leaving just the two of you.

Winter fidgets slightly with a hint of nervousness. She reaches into her bag and pulls out a small, neatly wrapped box. With a gentle motion, she extends it towards you. "I... I wanted to give you this," she says, her voice soft.

You take the box from her. It's a box of chocolates. You look up at Winter, noticing a shy smile playing on her lips with a small blush on her cheeks.

"It's just a small gift," Winter continues, her gaze shifting slightly. "For always protecting us... for everything you do." She says.

You're touched by her gift. "Thank you, Minjeong," you respond, your voice warm. "This means a lot to me."

There's a moment of silence between you. Winter's eyes meet yours, and in them, you see a blend of respect, admiration, and perhaps something deeper, something you haven't seen since the last time she kissed you. Something you both haven't really discussed since it happened.

You then open your arms and gently pull Winter into a hug.

Winter is momentarily caught off guard by the unexpected embrace. Her body tenses for a split second, surprise flickering across her face. But almost immediately, she relaxes into your arms, returning the hug. Her arms wrap around you, a soft sigh escaping her as she leans into your chest.