Chapter 10 - The Tale of the Moon Princess

The morning sun spilled through the curtains, casting a warm glow across the Aespa dorm. Winter sat at the dining table, nursing a cup of tea, her thoughts a tumultuous whirlwind. She replayed the events of the previous night over and over, her heart fluttering every time she thought of your reassuring words and the unexpected kiss that followed.

You, on the other hand, moved around the kitchen quietly, preparing breakfast. You stole glances at Winter, your mind racing with thoughts and emotions you couldn't quite put into words.

The way she looked at you, the softness in her eyes, it all made your heart beat faster.

But the kiss...

The sweet, fleeting kiss, left you yearning for more, even though you knew you shouldn't.

Karina, noticing the tension in the air, exchanged a knowing look with Ningning. They could sense something had changed between Winter and you, but neither of them could pinpoint exactly what it was.

The stolen glances, the lingering touches as you passed Winter her plate; it was all very subtle, yet spoke volumes.

"So, Minjeong, feeling better today?" Karina asked, trying to break the ice and lighten the mood.

Winter looked up, a faint smile on her face. "Yeah, much better. Thanks, Jimin."

Ningning chimed in, her tone playful, "You know, you and (Y/N) were out pretty late last night. Did anything fun happen?" She raised her eyebrows suggestively, eliciting a blush from Winter and a cough from you.

"We just...went stargazing," Winter replied, her voice barely above a whisper, avoiding eye contact with everyone at the table.

"Stargazing, huh? Sounds romantic," Giselle commented with a wink, causing Winter to blush even more.

You felt a mix of emotions swirling inside you. You wanted to reach out to Winter, to assure her that everything was okay, but you were also acutely aware of the other members' curious eyes on you two. You settled for a gentle smile in Winter's direction, which she returned with a small, grateful nod.

As the breakfast continued, the group fell into a more comfortable rhythm, the tension dissipating as they chatted about their schedule for the day and shared a few laughs. But the stolen glances and subtle touches between Winter and you continued.

Suddenly Karina got a message on her phone.

-----

Karina walked into Mr. Lee's office, her expression curious yet composed. She had received a message from their manager earlier, asking her to meet him privately, which was unusual.

She entered his office and closed the door behind her.

"Have a seat." Mr. Lee gestured toward the chair in front of his desk. His face was serious, his usual cheerful demeanor absent.

Karina sat down, her posture straight. "What's going on, Mr. Lee? You sounded serious in your message."

Mr. Lee took a deep breath, shuffling some papers on his desk before looking up at Karina. "This is about (Y/N)" he started, his tone grave. "As you know, we conduct thorough background checks on everyone who comes in close contact with Aespa, especially those in positions like his."

Karina nodded, aware of the standard procedures the company followed for their safety. "Yes, I'm aware. Did something happen?"

Mr. Lee hesitated for a moment, choosing his words carefully. "We couldn't find anything about him, Jimin. It's like (Y/N) Silva never existed before he started working with us. No birth records, no school history, no previous employment... nothing..."