Chapter 6

5 days later..

Y/n and Hyunjin is now on a vacation at Jeju island after their wedding, both of your families gifted you a 1 week vacation to spend your honeymoon. Although after the wedding you both headed to the airport and fly at Jeju.

After a few days you and Hyunjin didn't talk much, his assistant isn't even included in your vacation, that's why you thought this might be a good opportunity to know him more instead of reading the book they gave to you. But as days goes by nothing really happened, it all felt like you're on vacation with yourself because Hyunjin has been busy about work even though they gave you 1 week off (you both have still responsibilities in your palace) and you just keep on searching 'how to be a perfect wife 101'

You finish cooking a morning breakfast for the both of you, you already accepted that this is your life now, and you have to face what's going to happen and you need to be a wife while being independent to yourself because Hyunjin isn't looking at you for days now after the wedding, he just switched to his cold personality.

"breakfast is ready!" you said to him, he's in the living room and you're in the dining room pouring a glass of coffee that you made earlier. Hyunjin didn't seem to hear what you say and you went to check on him.

"Uhm..Hi goodmorning the breakfast is ready" you stand in front of him but he's still looking and tapping on his phone. He's not listening to you.

"well..I will not force you, but if you get hungry the food is on the table just re-heat it" you still didn't get any response so you just smile awkwardly and eat alone.again.

You decided to go for a walk beside the beach and take your time there to reflect, after you fix yourself you went to Hyunjin who's now at the balcony and sipping his coffee..but the coffee his drinking is not what you made.

"Hello, I'm going to the sea side right now, do you want to join me?" you politely ask him again, it seems like you're not existing to him at this point since it's already 5 days and he's been like that for a while.

When you reach the door you heard a rapid foot steps walking towards you. You saw Hyunjin with his phone facing you 'Queen Cheon video calling' you read in your mind.

"ah..--answer the phone and uhm..let's ..let's pretend" you said trying not to be in panic mode.

omy! what to do what to do!

"Hello lovebirds! how's your honeymoon going?"

"ah..Hello mom! it's great!" - y/n

"thank you for your wonderful gift Queen Cheon" - Hyunjin

"No need to call me that! just call me mom alright?"

"yes..my apologies, thank you for this m-mom" - Hyunjin

you look at Hyunjin's face redden after he said that, you want to laugh because this is the first expression you saw fromhim after 5 days. He notice that you're holding your laugh that's why he looks away and give you the phone

"mom..we're going somewhere so we need to hang-up take care!"- y/n

"take care mom"- Hyunjin

"Arasseo! enjoy your honeymoon and give me babies already!"

*end call*

you both sigh a relief after the call--but..babies? aaahh noo! I can't even talk to him what more touching him?

"I'm sorry about that, I'm going to head out now do you want to come?" you ask Hyunjin for the last time

He didn't say any word and he went upstairs.

-

"wow! this is so good!" you finish eating your food as you keep on buying every food you saw at the seaside, you also bought some food to Hyunjin and also a keychain for a souvenir.

"waahh this is life!" you shouted as you're now sitting on a chair facing the ocean. No one is here except the stalls with few employees. "that is it.. I gave up..I'm going to be a wife to him, to be someone for myself I can be proud of, know him more and .." you didn't finish what's you'rea saying when you realize..

"do I need to fall in love with him?" you blush with that thought "it's not impossible because he's really really looking so ethereal and pretty handsome, he's more pretty than me yet he looks so handsome at the same time! I--i just don't know if he's going to have the same goal like mine..it's impossible to make him fall inlove with me." you throw a rock and sighed

but you didn't lose your hope because you're his wife now..maybe at first you're hesitant about him but now, this is your life. I'm going to be me and I already learned from my past.

"it's not going to hurt if I try"

--

"Hi Hyunjin! I'm back I bought you some food and a souvenir" you present infront of him.

"hmm.." he said

"I heard there's a mini museum here..uh..do you want to go tomorrow before we head back to your palace?"

"where?" he ask, you choke when he ask that because this is the 3rd time he talked to you

"I don't know yet..but one of the tourist guide here say that she will accompany us tomorrow"

"okay" - Hyunjin

"Is it okay if I sit beside you?" you ask him while preparing the food you bought for him. He stay silent again and you sit beside him.

"here" you handed him the chicken and jjajangmyeon.. you knew that this is his favorite because you read it in the guide book when they gave it to you so this must be a way to have a conversation with him

"thanks" he reach the plate and eat it, a smile form on your face because of his response

I'm doing great now! I must keep this going he might be not comfortable at me at first but maybe making him feel that he don't need to do so much will make him open up to me more..righttt?