Chapter 16

Hyunjin finally let go of the hug and as usual he left you again without saying a word and you just stood there confused. 

Another day goes by and Hyunjin isn't talking to you, not even a glance. You attempt to talk to him but his assistant is surprisingly being useful as day goes on. 

You can't help but keep on thinking what happened, you felt like he's giving you more mix signals than ever. You thought that you are already used to in the way he acts towards you but you don't. Your room has been silent but you never fail to leave a note for Hyunjin hoping he would look at you again. 

One night you wait for Hyunjin even it's already passed midnight, you just wanted to talk to him again, like you used to even if it's casual. You can't get him off of your mind, you've been thinking about him endlessly even you wanted to stop it your mind isn't cooperating. 

you heard the door opened and it was Hyunjin, you watched him do his own thing until he went to bed to sleep. 

"Hyunjin" you sit beside him waiting for his glance, flinch or even hmm? but there was no response.

"is there any problem? are you okay? are we okay?" you take a deep breath because you can't contain this thoughts in your mind and you've been wanting to atleast look at you after what happened in the garden.

still, no response and he just went to sleep. You bit your lower lip and try to hide the pain you've been feeling. 

--

A week passed and for the first time again y/n and Hyunjin isn't talking, making an eye contact even there's an activity. 

On the other hand, Hyunjin's been noticing that y/n keep on going every single day in the garden. He's been curious about why you keep on going there, he just only thought that maybe because that's where he hugged you unknowingly. 

He chuckle at that thought once again as he watch you from the third floor that you're going in the garden again while carrying a box. 

Hyunjin's been busy with his work, but he didn't missed a chance to watch you go inside the garden for almost a week. Despite of that, he still don't want to talk to you for a moment and just wanted to gather and regain his thoughts, and try to clear things up about what has been going on inside him.

"do you have any idea why she keeps on going in the garden?" Luna ask him while also watching y/n head to the garden 

"I don't know, you can ask her" Hyunjin responded and signed the papers he's been holding 

"do you want me to follow her?-Luna

"you don't have to, let her do her own thing" Hyunjin responded and submerge himself with the paper work. 

Hyunjin is now getting a cup of ice americano and unconsciously he's heading to the garden right now while holding his coffee. One more minute passed and y/n saw him in front, you didn't know what to do or what to say to him because it's unexpected for him to be here.

you calm yourself down and decided to pretend that you didn't see him, you just continue heading towards the garden while looking down.

Without noticing you bump to Hyunjin who suddenly now in front of you, your eyes widen and try to wipe away the spilled coffee on his white polo. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see that you're here" you said with a panic mode

"tch! look where you're going" Hyunjin shoo away your hand and he's frowning right now 

"I'm sorry again" you bow your head and decided to walk away

"you don't have to go to this garden every day just to remind yourself about what happened" you pause for a bit when Hyunjin finally talk to you. 

"huh? what are you talking about?" you ask him because he seems like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

"nothing, wash this shirt you ruined" he removed his polo leaving him with his  top tank, and throw it at you, and left, again.

"tss..what a jerk" you said and you folded his polo neatly and finally went to the garden

"what took you so long?" Minho asks you

"sorry about that, something just came up along the way,is he hungry?" your mood suddenly change from annoyance to warmth 

"meow!" 

"ohh! mallows! here's your food! have you been a good boy to Minho?" you ask the cat when it started to purr and circle around your knees. 

"don't worry about that, you can visit him here anytime you want" Minho explained to you while he's still doing his art

"if I could just bring you in one of the shelter here I will, but I can't because Hyunjin is allergic to it" you said while petting the cat while he's eating

"he already have a shelter here with his siblings and mother y/n" - Minho 

"I know, I know..it's just that, it's totally different if you let them inside especially in our room, but I can't be stubborn" you shrug with that thought

"I'm sure this cat see you as his owner with the effort you're doing every day" he chuckle with that, and you also smile in what he said.