CHAPTER 008 【REVISED】

THE PLAYERS OF Aoba Johsai attempted to encourage each other to remain focused on the ball and to not be distracted by the situation at hand.

"Stay calm and focused, everyone! Let's keep our eyes on the ball, and don't worry too much about everything else!"

However, Walter managed to jump high and deliver his signature powerful spike, leading to the accumulation of another point for Karasuno.

This prompts a quick response from the opposing team, with Kunimi catching the ball in the rear in an effort to avoid Walter's direct strikes while still attempting to prevent the opponents from gaining more points

While the players from Karasuno rejoiced in victory, Kageyama remained somber and skeptical as he watched his team celebrate their triumph.

"You were all incredible out there!"

Sugawara and Takeda approached him with a bright smile, expressing their delight at having won the first game against such a powerful school.

Despite the celebrations, Kageyama's pessimism persisted, indicating his belief that the outcome of the match could have been drastically different had Aoba Johsai performed at their full potential.

Kageyama glanced at the figure emerging from the entrance of the gymnasium and quickly deduced that the individual was Aoba Johsai's second setter.

The players from their team, who were still celebrating their victory, were initially confused by Kageyama's statements.

However, when they confirmed Kageyama's assessment of the individual's role, they know their opponent had not been utilizing their primary setter during the entire first set.

"He's back!"

"Oh? Are you back already? Is your foot injury better now?"

Coach Nobuteru was delighted to see Oikawa's return, questioning whether his injury had fully healed as he observed the young setter.

"Yeah, it's completely healed now. It was just a little sprain."

Oikawa calmly reassured him that the injury had healed and that he was prepared to participate in both training and matches as normal.

"Really?! Don't be so careless next time. Especially since they have Kageyama here now. We can't just show up without our original setter in the game now."

However, the coach expressed distaste toward Oikawa's careless attitude, admonishing him for not taking his recovery seriously and for making their team appear weak without their original setter.

"Is that the Aoba Johsai's captain, Kageyama-san."

Once Oikawa finished interacting with his admirers, Daichi addressed him and asked if he was indeed the captain of Aoba Johsai.

"He's a great setter with one of the best offensive strengths on his team!"

Kageyama validated the statement, confirming his teammate's status as a brilliant setter with incredible offensive capabilities.

"Is he that strong?"

Walter observed Oikawa's prowess from the sidelines, noting not only his physical strength but also his intelligence and skill in reading the game, a quality that was often overlooked due to his more subtle and tactical support for the entire team.

"Yeah, and he's got a nasty attitude; even worse than mine, I bet!"

Kageyama responded curtly about his teammate's unpleasant character traits, implying that Oikawa was at least as arrogant and hostile as him, if not more so.