CHAPTER 038

AS TENDO SATORI block successfully executed the play, Shiratorizawa scored again. This latest point also meant that there will be a rotation of positions, placing Ushijima back in the front row of the court.

Witnessing this event unfold before him, the "Shiratorizawa" in the coach's seat - Washijo Tanji- relaxed, a satisfied smile forming on his face.

"Oh, Karasuno's are now struggling." he remarked, amused at his team's growing advantage.

Arata Mitsuda, viewing the scene from the audience, couldn't help but heave a slight sigh.

It seemed as though Shiratorizawa was simply too strong for Karasuno - as much as they had improved over the course of the match, they still weren't quite up to par with their opponent's level of skill.

"On the next rotation, Walter will come in to the front row!"

"But before the rotation, I'm not sure how many points 'the Shiratorizawa will score."

"And the attack in the front row by Karasuno was entirely blocked by Shiratorizawa's unusually behaving the best attacker!"

"I have to say that the block of that secondary attack is very impressive!"

Daisuke Kunimura also sighed from the sidelines.

"Just at the last moment of the net, they quickly shifted their arm to block the little shrimp No. 10 on the Karasuno team undetected."

"That's correct."

Hirashi Yoshino also chimed in:

"His net seems unusually erratic. That kind of behavior is very risky if that little shrimp attacker still spikes the ball towards the original position..."

"Then he's just given up his own side of the court to the opponent. It can only be said that risk and reward go hand in hand."

______。・゚・(ノ∀')・゚・。______

EVEN IF SOMEONE from the audience discussed their tactics, the game on the field remained in progress.  The players who found themselves in the front row on defense were like eagles and crows, ready to strike with ferocity.

The instruction was to intercept at least two points in a row as soon as the chance arose. The net in the front row was not an easy target, requiring precise timing to effectively stop a powerful attacker like Ushijima.

As the defensive players lacked the level of physical fitness needed to meet the high standards of defending against such a heavy-hitting attacker, it was clear that stopping Ushijima spikes shots would require a perfect alignment of timing and angle.

Even so, the window of opportunity to block Ushijima shots was small and tricky to time.

The angle of his spike was difficult to anticipate, requiring pinpoint accuracy to execute properly.

With their limited skills and technique, Karasuno players were unable to match Ushijima level of play, leaving them vulnerable to his powerful attacks.

He will specifically avoid attacking players with strong receiving skills in the back row.

As the whistle sounds again, Shiratorizawa continues to serve.

After analyzing the defensive situation on the other side of the net, Karasuno feels the pressure mounting.

How can they attack without being intercepted by their opponents' blockers?

Should they rely on Walter attack from the back row?

However, Walter, who is one of the most closely guarded players on their team, is positioned in the back row.

Even if he were to attack, he would have to get past two players who are keeping a close eye on his movements.

In case his offensive spike in the back row is intercepted by the opposing libero, it could significantly disrupt the momentum of the Karasuno side.

Leaving it to someone else to attack won't suffice as they have already proven that it's difficult to execute.

The eccentric secondary attacker is often stopped by a single blocker, making it difficult for Kageyama to coordinate their attacks effectively.

At this point, it's too late to consider other options as the pass in the back row has already been made, making it even harder for them to think ahead.

As he launched himself into the air, his afterglow remained fixed on the movement of the opposing net blockers.

"Huh?"

His gaze shifted when he noticed the situation on the other side of the net.

The eccentric attacker was staring scatteredly at Hinata, who was constantly moving, but Tendou Satori was actually scanning the two attackers left and right, constantly watching for an opportunity.

What's more, the remaining two players who blocked the net were both focusing on Walter, who was running up and down on the back row.

What a perfect opportunity

With most of the enemy's attention drawn to the players involved in the attack, Kageyama seized his chance and changed the shape of his hand at the critical moment.

As he jumped up and passed the ball, Tendou Satori, on the opposing side of the net, noticed the slightest movement and immediately responded by leaping towards Kageyama and biting the ball.

But Tendou reaction came too late - Kageyama had already released the ball, sending it flying towards the net.

Several other players in the front row tried to jump up and block the ball, but they were unable to stop it.

As the ball landed on the ground, the players from both sides let out a collective sigh of relief.

"Whew!" someone shouted, followed by a chorus of agreements that '

"Worthy of his talent. " and "worthy of being the first talented second setter from Kitagawa aside from Oikawa"

Arata Mitsuda, who was in the audience, took notice of the play and announced,

"Ushijima just scored two points, and he used this second attack to defuse Karasuno's crisis."

As the game continued, players rotated positions until Walter was positioned in the front row.

Once this happened, Shiratorizawa's atmosphere became tense again, and the other players grew nervous.

His figure's eyes swept over the formation of the Shiratorizawa players with a slight smile on his face.

The pressure they felt was palpable, as if the mountains were constantly closing in on them.

It seemed that his gaze was able to pierce through their defensive formation with ease, revealing an indescribable violent force that lurked beneath his slender frame.

For Shiratorizawa, the real test had begun once again.

At the sound of the whistle, the serve was passed to Karasuno.

As the ball flew through the air, Kenjiro Shirabu hesitated before remembering what his coach, Washijo Tanji, had told him during the previous break.

Despite his uncertainty, he still managed to send the ball to Ushijima Wakatoshi, who is considered to be the only one capable of quickly stopping Karasuno.

With their Ace player as their only hope, Karasuno was fully prepared to take on the challenge head-on, determined to emerge victorious.

TO BE CONTINUED...