Fourteen

IRENE

That morning, Irene come out of her apartment with a sling bag containing her laptop and a book that Irene wanting to finish because today she want to get out of her apartment and breathe the beach air. 

She went to the beach near his apartment by bus and when she arrived at the beach, she bought an Iced coffee first before sitting on one of the beach chairs and continuing her music work. 

"Finally, I can feel the beach air again after a long time" she muttered as she put her bag on the beach chair. When she saw a beautiful beach that was not too crowded, she seemed to forget the problems that were haunting her for a couple days. Rachel also advised not to think about problems like that for too long because it is not good for Irene's health. After looking at the beach for a while, she opened her bag and took out the book she was going to read for a while, "I've reached chapter twenty five, I'll be finished in a little while." Irene was so focused on reading her book that she didn't realize that several pairs of eyes were watching her from afar and also several cameras were aiming at Irene who was relaxing on the beach. 

The sound around the beach was very calming for Irene because of the sound of the waves crashing and the sound of people playing beach volleyball in front of her. After she finished reading her book, she opened her laptop to see the music that Andy had made for her new album next year, Rachel already prepared the schedule for this year until next year because Irene want to celebrate the new year in Jakarta with her mother, she put on her earphones and opened the music file that Andy sent via email.

When she listened to the melody from the guitar and piano sent by Andy, for some reason Irene's thoughts went straight to her neighbor. She didn't even know what was going on in her mind, so she opened the notes on her laptop and typed a few sentences which she thought fit the mood of the song. given by Andy, 'I don't know why but why are all the melodies given by Andy so suitable for the life I am experiencing now?' Irene muttered to herself with her serious expression in front of her laptop. 

For almost an hour, Irene tried to write several sentences on her laptop to give back to Andy for them to discuss with their music producer. Irene almost finished a glass of iced coffee because the weather at Long Beach was a bit hot even though the wind from the sea was always gently blowing her long hair. While doing her work, suddenly there was an email from Rachel and she opened the email about her additional schedule because she had been chosen to be a model and brand ambassador for one of the biggest banks in Indonesia, "this is so interesting, unexpected job" said herself with her shock expression. Her phone rang indicating an incoming message, it's from Rachel.

Rachel

Did you get my email today? what do you think?

Irene

Absolutely interested, Rach but how do I get this big opportunity since there are a lot of artists that live in Indonesia and I just moved here like 3 years ago?

Rachel

At first, I didn't know why but they told me that before you moved to LA, you make a vlog and your card always appear in every video when you bought something and have you forgotten that your mother is still active in acting and has won several awards and your mother is very famous and known to many people from various generations in your own city?

Irene read Rachel's message with an expression that just realized that his mother was still working as a public figure and was still famous.

Irene

I forget about that, I love to do that and can we shoot the commercial and photoshoot here in LA? I still don't have much money to go back to Jakarta again.