Twenty

One month after the mini concert in New York City happened, Irene and Rachel went to the grocery store with Rachel's car. They went to the nearest grocery store in Long Beach after they went for a lunch break, "you already list everything right?" ask Rachel to Irene who look up her phone the she turn to Rachel who driving, "of course I already did it, also Olivia's needs, she been busy for couple weeks"

"Her internship must be a tough one" Irene nodding her head a couple times, then she look up to rearview mirror, she see the black car that had been following them since they left the apartment, "Rach, I think someone is following us, they must be paparazzi again, right?" Rachel reflexively looked at her rearview mirror, she also saw the black car "as long as they don't get close to this car, it's okay." She drives until they arrive at the grocery store and Rachel finds a parking lot near the entrance of the grocery store and parked there. 

They go inside the grocery store with cart for the groceries, Irene pull up the list that she wrote it by herself on the piece of paper "okay, let's see the list, we need laundry detergent, clothes freshener, dish washing soap, and bathroom floor cleaner, let's go that first" they are busy doing their monthly shopping until they pay at the cashier. they came out of the grocery store and saw a lot of paparazzi already surrounding Rachel's car, the sound of the paparazzi snapping photos could be heard very clearly and they started calling Irene's name and also some asked about her relationship with Stefan but Irene just kept quiet because she had to help Rachel to get in her shopping goods. "please guys, can you step back first" Irene tells some paparazzi to step back because they have to go from there with her gesture to move the paparazzi back. She got into the car and immediately used her seat belt. Rachel started the car engine and immediately left there but the paparazzi were still following them from behind. "Rach, looks like we have to go to the studio to record a little of my song." 

Rachel nodded, "Now? Don't you want to go back to the apartment first to put your things behind you?" Irene also agreed to return to the apartment first. They returned to the apartment and took all of Irene's shopping items to her apartment and were assisted by the security there. After they packed up all the shopping in Irene's apartment, they went down to the parking lot but they saw several black cars and the people in them seemed to be taking pictures of Irene. They went straight to the studio in the Hollywood area. During the trip, Irene sent a message to Olivia that the things in the apartment had been bought. Rachel, who was focused on driving, saw several black cars following behind her car but at a distance that was too close to flank Rachel's car. At the intersection, the paparazzi's car almost hit Rachel's car and Rachel turned the steering wheel to the right, "Irene, hang on tight!" making them panic and hit the paparazzi's car, causing an accident on the road.

— — — — —

Olivia ran towards the nurse in the emergency room at the Los Angeles hospital, panting with her cellphone in her hand. Olivia asked about patients named Irene and Rachel, then the nurse directed her to the emergency room and saw Irene lying on the patient's bed with bandages on her head and left hand, "oh my God, sis" The nurse brought the doctor into the room "Miss Williams's guard?" Olivia nodded "how is my friend, doctor?" Olivia asked the doctor, then the doctor explained, "I'm Doctor Brown, Miss Williams's condition is now stable, it's just that the impact on her head made her unconscious. You can be sure that the impact did not harm Miss Williams." 

Olivia held her roommate's hand, "how is Rachel, doc? where is she now?" The doctor replies "Miss Miller's condition is stable and she is conscious, she is in the room next to Miss Williams." Olivia thanked the doctor and nurse then sat down weakly because she was panicked by this news and looked at Irene who was still unconscious. Olivia's eyes were still filled with tears because she was panicking, then without thinking, she called Robert because she was alone and needed a friend. "H-hello Robert" with a sobbing voice makes Robert worried, "Hey Liv, what happened? why are you crying" she whimpers and says

"I-I, Irene and Rachel had an accident and right now I'm at Los Angeles hospital"

"Okay, Liv, breathe in, breathe out, calm down yourself first and wait for me, I'll go to that hospital."

"Okay, hurry I'm alone here and be careful"

"Okay Liv, I'll be there" After calling Robert, Olivia tried to calm down and she walked into Rachel's room. 

When she entered, she saw Rachel lying with a bandage on her right hand, she approached Rachel "Hey, you're okay" Rachel looked at Olivia "Oh my God Liv, where's Irene? She's okay, right?" Olivia was just silent for a second "she's stable but still unconscious, Rach" Rachel sighs "that's because of paparazzi's car chasing us and tailgating my car" Olivia is shock by Rachel's explanation as to why the two of them had an accident, "so it was because of the paparazzi who were following you two?" Rachel nodded then she hissed in pain because she wanted to move her right hand "rest first, I will look after Irene" Rachel rested and Olivia returned to the ward where Irene was. 

Olivia heard the voices of Robert and Stefan asking the nurse on duty, then Stefan saw Olivia and Irene in the ward room near them, Stefan went straight to the ward and saw Olivia with a face that had been crying and saw the girl who always smiled at him now unconscious with her head bandaged, Robert followed Stefan and saw Irene lying unconscious and he immediately stood next to Olivia while looking at Irene's condition. 

Stefan just stood in the doorway of the ward without approaching Irene who was lying there. "What happened Liv? Why is Irene like this?" Robert asked, putting his arm around Olivia's shoulders so that the girl wouldn't fall. "Rachel said that the paparazzi car was following them and it turned out they were getting close, causing them to have an accident." Stefan, who heard this, approached Irene slowly and without looking at the situation, Stefan held Irene's hand which was wrapped in bandages. "they're tailgating them?" ask Stefan, Olivia and Robert looking at Stefan, Olivia answer "yes, they are and making my sister unconscious now" Chris and Alex looking at them in the doorway of the ward room. Chris and Alex give Robert signs to leave Stefan alone with her, "hey, I want to talk with Rachel, where is she?" ask Robert, Olivia answers "yes, let's talk to her, she's in the next room" They went straight to Rachel's ward and left Stefan there. he sat next to Irene who was lying weakly, then he grabbed Irene's right hand which had no bandages, he stroked the girl's fingers and didn't show a sad expression because he was too shocked by all this, even today he planned to meet the girl and give her that ring.

In Irene's ward, the only sound was the sound of the oxygen machine and heart detector. Stefan was silent while looking after Irene, who was still fast asleep like a sleeping beauty. Olivia went to Irene's ward again, "hey Stefan, you'd better go home, I can look after Irene here" Stefan looked at Olivia with a faint smile, "maybe it's better if I look after her, you look very pale Olivia, go home with Robert, I'll take care of your friend" Olivia smiled at Stefan's answer, "okay, take care of him and you also need rest, I'm going home first, thank you Stefan" then Olivia left the ward after how long after Stefan got a message from Robert saying that he and Olivia Go home, Chris will visit the hospital tomorrow morning because he has urgent business from Stefan's agency. 

The night sky greets Stefan, he already knew Irene's complete condition from the doctor who had just visited Irene's ward, that her condition was getting better, just waiting for Irene to open her eyes. Stefan decided to sleep in the hospital while waiting for Irene. He also ate dinner in the hospital cafeteria because he didn't want to leave the hospital area, now he was sitting and praying next to Irene's bed, then he kissed the girl's hand several times while muttering "why did this happen to you, you know I wanted to see you today" Stefan continue to looking at the face of the girl who turned his world upside down after Jessica's problem hit his life. 

He was getting ready to sleep and luckily there was a sofa that he could use as a bed for tonight. Before he left Irene out of reach of his eyes, he said "goodnight Irene, was your dream so beautiful that you didn't wake up from your sleep, hm?" Then he turned off the lights in the ward and lay down on the ward sofa with the blanket given by the nurse there.

.

-tbc

.