Twenty Seven (part 1)

STEFAN

New York City

The sun had not yet been visible from the equator but Stefan was already at the airport to go to New York City to meet someone he had not met in person for a long time only via text message and telephone even though they were several hours apart. He was at the airport without Chris, who usually accompanied him, but he went alone because Chris now also works for another actor besides him, luckily the paparazzi didn't know his schedule nowadays and he was able to leave for New York City safely even though some of his fans recognized him in the airport waiting room. His journey was fast and he even had time to see the sunrise before the plane took off from LAX. He spent more than five hours asleep on the plane because before leaving for New York, he had just arrived from London, then the plane landed perfectly at JFK, even though he was merely tired after his trip from London, he was still excited to meet his girl after three years didn't see her and hug her in his arms even they always keep in touch. Before leaving JFK for the hotel he had booked for a two-day stay in New York City, he called someone he knew in that city, there was a ringing sound then the voice of someone Stefan knew was heard from the other side.

Rachel

Oh, mr. workaholic, have you arrived?

Stefan

Yes, I'll go to my hotel first, it's near Broadway, Rach.

Rachel

Great, because we'll be at that area for the filming today and also on east Broadway, you'll be there?

Stefan

I will but she should not know I was already here.

Rachel

Ok, I'll share the location to you and you can watch her as long as you want, mr. workaholic

Stefan

Thanks Rach and please don't call me that, I'm not that workaholic.

Rachel

Okay, she's here, I'll call ya back, bye.

Rachel immediately hung up the phone and Stefan immediately took his suitcase and looked for a taxi to the hotel where he was going to stay. Even in the taxi, Stefan was still dealing with several problems with the upcoming film regarding the final payment and the time he had spent on the film, then he got an email that he had received nominations at several film award events this year with several film titles he had starred for the past year.

He arrived at the hotel after that, paid for a taxi and then entered the hotel lobby with his suitcase and walking into the receptionist to confirm his room reservation, "good morning, may I help you?" said one of the female receptionist with smile on her face greeting Stefan, then Stefan smiled back at the receptionist and showed proof that he had booked a room at the hotel under his manager's name, "yes, I already booked a room here, under Chris Miller" then he hand over the email of receipt proof "here you go, you can check it" the receptionist take the proof of the hotel room reservation from Stefan's hand then checked it via the computer, after a while the receptionist immediately said, "Okay Mr. Miller your room is at 520, this is for the room card" the receptionist gave that card to Stefan then he accepted it and says "thank you ma'am" after that he's dragging his suitcase towards the elevator and pressed the elevator button while waiting for the elevator door to open and took him to the floor of his room.

When the door opened, he got into the elevator and the bellboy asked what floor he was on, he answered the 5th floor and the bellboy press the button for the 5th floor and the elevator went to that floor. When he arrived on the floor of his room, he immediately looking for his room number and he find his room. After entering the hotel room, he sit on the chair in front of the hotel window which provided a view of New York City that morning, actually, he felt really tired and wanted to rest for a bit, but he want to meet his girl and give her a surprise, "I should go shower and change my outfit now" says himself. When he finished showering and changed into clothes that were more comfortable for the atmosphere in the city, he got a short message from Rachel giving him the location where they were filming that afternoon, a smile appeared on the man's face and he immediately went to see his girl working.

He arrived at the East Broadway area and headed to the street where there was an entrance to the subway. When he saw many people passing by, but his eyes fell on a girl with long brown hair whose clothes were very different from usual, her clothes were like those of a typical New York girl in front of the entrance to the subway, he saw only two men there to help Irene to shoot the music video. He walked closer but tried not to be seen by the girl. It turned out that there were several people there who saw Irene, it seemed like they were Irene's fans, he mingled with them so that Irene didn't get suspicious even though he is wearing his baseball cap and a mask that covered part of his face.

He continue to look at the girl from afar when she heard the girl's music, he was a little speechless when he heard the song. why the lyrics of the song are so familiar and he feels that the song is like telling the story of the relationship between the two of them, which is now separated because the girl moved to New York City making him looking at his girl and his eyes says he's more in love with her than before, now he take out his phone and take her picture from afar like all her fans in front of him, that day he could only see her from a distance, maybe tomorrow he will be able to approach her without having to disguise himself like this.

— — — — —

After yesterday he saw his girl busy working hard with her career, today it was already ten o'clock in the evening and he received information from Rachel that they had finished and went straight to a fast food place close to the long-haired girl's apartment area. He also wear clothes that were slightly different from yesterday with a mask on his face, then he get off and called a taxi near his hotel to go to the location where his girl was having dinner. On the way he didn't bring anything because he didn't want to be too conspicuous around the girl, then a short message came in,

Rachel

We've arrived at the fast food restaurant. When you arrive, just go in because Irene wants to eat on the spot.

Stefan

Thanks Rach for your info.

He arrived at the fast food restaurant and paid the taxi fare, then he immediately got out of the taxi and headed to the restaurant. He then looked around the table to see where his girl was sitting, it turned out she was sitting in the middle of the restaurant, he saw that his girl was only looking at a few posts from his account, the one who had it is smiling behind the mask he is wearing now and he tapping her shoulder making that girl almost jumped out from her seat and she turns around to him, while looking at him then she says "S–Stefan? What are you doing here and how do you know I'm here?" she looks so flabbergasted at him. he sat in front of Irene and took off his mask, "this is a surprise" said Stefan then Rachel came with a tray of food then gave the food to Stefan too, "thank you Rach" Stefan saw the girl in front of him opening her mouth as if she was surprised and just remained silent then Stefan covered the girl's mouth by lifting the girl's chin until her mouth was closed again, they eat peacefully there.

.

.

-tbc

.

.