7

I know I shouldn't feel sad or guilty.. but I do.

I didn't know, but I still harmed an innocent life, I know I sound like a broken record but I just can't shake the thought.

Not only do I feel the unbearable sadness but the anger that is slowly making an appearance. I felt bad for leaving after we just had such a good time but the last thing I'd want is Maisy seeing me upset. That little girl deserves the world.

And I don't want to be the reason she sees into all the ugly stuff this place has to offer.

The door opens, Cato comes in. I wait for Maisy or Priya but they don't come. " Pri took her." He says as if reading my mind. " I just wanted it to be us."

He comes over where I sat kneeling infront of me, " I love you."

" I know that."

" I think sometimes you need a reminder." He says kissing my cheek. " Are you ok with her?" He asks.

I furrow my brows a little, " With Maisy?"

" Yea. I know it was-"

" Yea, I love her." I say quickly, " I never knew you were so good with kids."

He sighs, a small smile forming. " I used to be by my little cousins all the time."

" I never knew you had cousins. On which side?"

" Moms. I haven't seen any of them since my games."

His features soften rethinking about it, I suppose they're scared of him or what he could do. "Your not him." I say softly running my fingers through his messy hair.

" Something is bothering you." He states avoiding what I just said. " Is it the thing I can't ask?"

I chuckle, " Yea."

He stands now plopping himself next to me. " When can I ask?"

I shrug, " I haven't decided yet."

His hand trails to my thigh, " Take your time." His hand still trails until it was around my waist pushing me closer to him, " I forgot to tell you... Coin wants you to train, with me."

I feel the grin spread on my face, " Yea?"

" Well, not technically. But she implied it." He says as he leans in placing soft kisses on my neck.

" Implied means she told you no but your going to do it anyways?" I question.

He hums in response. " Tomorrow we'll start, if your ready."