28

Octavia POV

I got Gale going to the fire.

I can try to get along with Cal, though I don't think it'd go very far. There's to much I've done to him, it runs to deep now to be totally ok, ok at all. I wish we could be friends again... I still care about him...but the Cal I knew, I loved as a friend died.

And maybe it's better for me just to be mad t him then face that fact, It's better to build a resentment to this Cal rather the mourn the old one, the one I helped destroy.

But Evangeline had a point, I don't want any more death. So.. I need to...deal with this, with him.

" Just be careful." Gale whispers as we walk.

This has been the first thing he's said to me the last couple of days, " I will."

We approached, Evangeline rises looking at Cal's sleeping form one last time before looking at the two of us, " Don't try to piss him off. I don't feel like separating dead or fighting bodies."

" We won't." Gale says a little..taut.

" We'll be quiet. Hopefully he'll sleep through our shift." I say.

She looks a little leery but nods walking into the building. I sit quietly on the log, looking at his peaceful form, for the first time since the games, he looks like himself, he's really wound tight in his expressions when he's awake. He looks peaceful when he sleeps, he looks almost happy, or at peace.

I soft smile spreads on my face before it's filled with a frown. I made him tense. I made him like this.

I look away just a quick, looking in the fire. I refused to look at him or at Gale, who I know by the look he has that I purposely avoid wants to talk about..probably us, though there really wasn't an ' us' to begin with.

To my dismay and luck, Cal shifts before jerking awake, his eyes flying open, his eyes shoot to me and he springs himself back about to grab his gun when he stops himself. He stopped himself...that needs to be a good sign right?

" I'm taking that." Gale says quickly snatching his gun putting it behind himself. Cal's eyes dart between to two of us a couple times, " Here to finally finish me off?"

I stand, taking a couple steps back. " No."

" Sure about that?" He questions. " We were always told to kill mutts right?"

I frown, " I shouldn't have said that."

" But you meant it." Cal says. " Be truthful."

" I was trying to hurt you." I admit, " Because.. your words were true..and they hurt me so I tried to hurt you. I'm sorry... I mean that to."