14

Octavia POV

Zane was quick to diffuse the situation I know was going to end up in yet another brawl if one or two more sentences were going to be said. I sigh, already wanting to be done with this.

As Zane and Boggs leads the group with 2, Gale walks ahead of me walking with Vad blake as he mutters angrily to him about Vad's own brother. Vad only agrees with him though there was somewhat of a twisted expression as he looks away from him every couple minutes.

Does Gale really think he'd agree with him? Agree against his own brother?

Evangeline is walking by Johanna, Cal and Finnick leaving me and River in the back middle. " He's such an idiot." River mutters.

I smile lightly, " I was surprised 2 wasn't jumping and leaping to get after him."

He smiles, " I saw them beginning to crouch."

I laugh lightly, " Well, good thing you said some words of wisdom then."

" I can be persuasive when I want to be."

I look over at him smiling which he returns. River Odair to this day still complexes me, not knowing exactly who's side he's on or why he speaks when he does, though knowing him for about half a year I still don't exactly...know him.

" Tell me..Octavia.." River rolls my name off his tongue in almost an accent as he eyes me, " After this is all said and done, do you plan on sticking around? Or do you want to venture to each district, or lavish on the Capitol life? Anyone you never want to see again?"

" I never thought that far yet. Honestly thought I'd die by now, but with 12 being nothing but ashes and having my mother and Reign to worry about.. I guess maybe see Panem without the tour or death behind it all.. And people I don't want to see..."

I look straight at the Leaders of the group, River looks too from the corner of my eye I see his smirk. " I don't think they'll ever forgive me for dragging them into this."

River laughs, " I think it's good to tear them from their warm and fuzzy world they had before. Let them feel the effects of the shit the Capitol put all us other districts through."

" I don't think I ever thanked you, in the games I mean. Helping me, saving me, keeping me alive I mean. You could've died." I almost blurt.

River seemed to pause for just a moment looking at me again shrugging, " They gave me a job and an out. It would've been stupid not to take it and attempt to get out the traditional way."

I nudge him, " I think you and I both know there needed to be a little bit more reasoning then that."

He laughs, " Yea, maybe there was." We locked eyes for just a moment before he looks away, "Thanks I guess for appreciating it."