23

Today is the day.

I'm unaware of the time, but I stare blankly at the ceiling.

Today we go back to the Capitol.

Where will I be at this time tomorrow? Will I even still be alive?

We will be, soldiers were already moving in to fight this past week, it's already cleared.. we'll be ok, us victors will be ok, Cato will be...

He kisses my shoulder, " Morning beautiful." He whispers.

I turn to face him, he sleepily kisses me. " Hey."

" Your up overthinking early."

I elbow him, which he only chuckles at. " Still the same thing?"

I nod.

He comes over me a bit, " I can always distract you again.."

I roll my eyes, " Everyone will be up soon, surely someone will be here, and if they walk in..."

" The door is locked.."

" They have the key."

He playfully rolls his eyes laying back down, " Good point."

I sit up, " I might miss this stupid district."

Cato scoffs sitting up as well, " I won't. We can be back in 2, in our house... I can't wait to get out of here."

I guess that was true, but seeing this was our home for I think... 9 months? It'll be weird saying goodbye for the final time. For the majority of the day we packed our packs, making sure we had everything we needed for the weeks to come.

The whole time I had a knot in my stomach trying not to think, trying to distract my mind, it felt like I was going back into the games from the way I felt. Cato to was more quiet then usual, though he always tries to keep calm I can see he's also a shade lighter, his face is twisted in concentration.

He packs everything neatly, he leans back slightly examining everything. I do the same, feeling like I'm forgetting something. I look around the room, my eyes fall to the dresser I stand going to the top drawer. There laid my necklace, the one Cato gave me, and the ring, the ring he asked me to marry him with.

I grab both of the items, putting the ring tucked in my bag, I put on the necklace. Cato was looking at me a small smile spreading to his face when he sees me put it on. " Still looks good on you." He says.

I smile again. " Anything else we need?"

He thinks for a moment before slowly shaking his head, " Besides when we gte our weapons...no..You packed all the uniforms you have?"